2009-01-11 - Firefox 3.0, Firebug 1.3.0 ∞
- The MySpace player was updated in March 2009 or earlier.
TODO - Changes were made. Research downloading again.
- Use Firefox
- Get and install Firebug for Firefox
- Restart Firefox to complete the addon's installation.
- Visit your band's Myspace page in a new window.
Pause the music
- As of this writing, I noted a bug. Don't click pause too quickly or it'll continue playing and you won't be able to pause or use the player controls. Sad.
- At the bottom of Firefox should be a status bar. Left-click the Firebug icon.
- A new window slides up at the bottom. There are tabs across the top of Firebug. Click "Net".
- I noticed that "Net" was disabled. I clicked the checkbox, then clicked the "Apply settings for www.myspace.com" button.
- The page refreshes, and I see a bunch of things fly by in the Net tab. Wait a while for things to settle down. Let the music play freely.
- In the browser window above, click on the Myspace player to select the song you want to download.
In the Firebug view, look for something like
std_3c8eab864a3c14d8e65. Right-click on it, and pick "Copy location". That's your mp3 download URL. You can paste it into your browser, or you can use something like wget, like so:
wget http://cache03-music01.myspacecdn.com/23/std_3c8eab864a3c14d8e65ca93171df44cf.mp3?t=1231660323_ba4fefc67e66b88eecd6eda00904080d -O new_filename.mp3