The manual for Slackware Linux.
- Chris Lumens
- David Cantrell
- Logan Johnson
This book uses csh commands by default. Odd.
- 8 -- Holy crap, it opens with an introduction to 'man'!! This is what I needed all those years ago!
- 9 -- apropos searches through man page keywords.
- 11 -- Whoa, I get email support for installation because I bought the CD set? Neato. Totally unnecessary, but kindof cool.
- 15 -- Claims that the second install CD is a LiveCD, which is false.
- 20 -- Installation over a parallel port. Oldschool!
- 24 -- Claims 2x RAM for the swap partition. That's arguable.
- 35 -- The list of time zones is not alphabetically ordered if the US is at the top. =/
- 52 -- Kernel 2.4.x compilation?! Crap, this is old!! Dammit, this book is May 2005. I thought it was _new_. Sigh.
54 -- Ok, 2.6.x compilation. Phew.