On the way to moving to a new town, a girl stumbles upon and is trapped in a pocket dimension with an old Japanese bath house run by spirits and non-humans.
SHE SHOUTS A LOT
A spectacular movie. Youthful but with a balance of fantasy spectacle and horror.
- 2:15 -- Probably Shinto.
- 2:30 -- Four-wheel drive
- 11:00 -- Bath house = Sentō
- 16:30 -- He looks normal, but she looks silly.
- 25:45 -- Soot
- 46:30 -- What about the broken steps?
- 52:15 -- There was a barber's pole there.. but is that appropriate for this setting?
- 1:10:15 -- Wut. Which part was a bad dream?
- 1:14:30 -- Stop talking about everything all the time.
- 1:19:00 -- This reminds me of a room from Akira (1988).
- 1:28:15 -- She shouts too much.
- 1:39:30 -- Seeing as there are some guys with old hats and clothes, perhaps this semi-setting would reasonably include a barber pole.
1:50:15 -- That slice of .. cheese? Isn't there in the wider angle.
The whole "love" angle came out of nowhere and makes no sense. Aside from that, everything worked out well.
I love the ending song. It sounds like a Japanese version of an old western song that I can't quite place. Maybe I'm just remembering this song from this movie. =)