Was a nice little distribution.
- Was to have been redone from a Unity Linux base.
TinyME, another person's remaster
2009-04-21 - 2008.1 (VirtualBox) ∞
su apt-get autoclean && apt-get update
NOTE: Do NOT do an
apt-get dist-upgrade !! There is a lot of brokenness!
In the VirtualBox menu, select Devices > Install Guest Additions
mkdir /mnt mount /dev/cdrom /mnt cd /mnt ./VBoxLinuxAdditions-x86.run reboot
Everything is happy.
The repos are completely fragged by PCLinuxOS though.
2009-04-03 - 2008.1 ∞
Not bad at all.
- Doesn't have
alt-rightclick-dragto resize a window.
- Has no menu in it's taskbar. That's odd.
- ctrl-alt-f3 has a different font than the others.
- has the same xdm (or whatever) restart issue that I do. If I control-alt-backspace out, it'll drop me right back to the commandline instead of prompting me to log in again.
All in all, I have positive feelings towards TinyME. I think I could switch to it without any significant issues.
2008-08-12 or earlier. ∞
At this point it was a PCLinuxOS remaster.
Very small download, very nice setup.
- How the heck did he get it this small? Wow.
- The fonts seem off, especially in Opera.
- Too many choices for some apps - three terminals? =/
- Some silly preferences, could use some polish for hotkeys and such.
- Won't work with my button 4/5 - could be an issue with Opera though.
- Stupid-fast synaptic. I'm shocked.
- Very nice internal control panel. It shows real hope.
It's using its own repository? Whoa..
- I can't even install Firefox. Boo!
alt-rightclick-dragto resize? That sucks!