Instead of a death sentence, a convict is given the opportunity to impersonate a lord in a time of war.
kagemusha lit. "shadow warrior"
- 1:00 -- Political decoy
- 5:30 -- That's Takeda Shingen and his brother Takeda Nobukado, making this the Sengoku period (~1467 - ~1603) in ancient Japan.
- 6:00 -- Lawful Evil justification.
- 11:00 -- My that's an awfully pink shirt you have on. I didn't know there were colour schemes for their staff..
- 12:00 -- Oda Nobunaga, Tokugawa Ieyasu
14:30 -- Just how close is he that he could get there in an afternoon?
.. I'm not going to research each odd name, clan and place mentioned.
- 19:15 -- Why repeat the horse riding three times?
- 41:00 -- They're awfully trusting of a stranger.
- 1:04:30 -- There's no way in hell random people could get within sniping range.
- 1:13:00 ~~ Saying he's been wounded was a bad idea, since he has no wound. Perhaps if he were scarred now, on purpose, it would help.
I know from experience,
the lord's double for so long...
that it's a difficult task.
It's not easy to suppress
your identity and become another.
I often wanted to be myself,
to be free.
But now I think
it was selfish of me.
The shadow of a man
can never stand up
and walk on its own.
- 1:28:45 -- I bet they've never heard the real one laugh.
- 1:30:00 -- Now that I think on it, I wonder if he has scars from being tortured.
- 1:30:30 -- Yes, putting off these endeavours isn't something they ought to be doing.
- 1:37:30 -- Oh, and his calligraphy would definitely be a problem.
- 1:53:00 -- Christian missionaries.
- 2:02:30 -- May, 1574
- 2:10:30 -- (*has seizure*)
- 2:16:45 -- Everyone gets killed in one shot. Nobody gets wounded.
- 2:20:30 -- As this is the only tactic he "knows", perhaps he should have one of his generals near..
- 2:20:45 -- I needed that banner translated.
- 2:24:00 -- "European sake" is correct, but that guy looked west European. Wouldn't wine be more central European?
- 2:27:45 -- No, he should never be left alone.
- 2:29:00 -- I'd look into making the shadow the lords brother's impersonator.
- 2:30:45 -- No scar, called it. They should now reveal that the injury was a bluff to draw out his enemies.
2:32:30 -- Why would they treat him like this? He was to be rewarded for his service. He should at least be given significant clothing and supplies if he is to be kicked out like that.
- Either way, I would have shaved his head.. and face.
- 2:34:45 -- April 1575
- 2:37:15 -- I thought the deception only lasted half the three year intent.
- 2:38:30 -- wut. Random music video?
- 2:41:45 -- May 21, 1575
- 2:45:00 -- His helmet is crooked.
- 2:48:45 -- I just tried to grasp this movie's budget. I failed.
- 2:50:45 -- A little editing-hop there. Boo.
- 2:56:45 -- Translate that banner dammit!
- 2:57:00 -- His clothing has no holes in it.
- 2:57:15 -- .. finally.
2:57:30 -- Jerky little hop there. Ugh.