An comet's path crosses the earth's, and a shuttle crew is to rendezvous with it to plant nukes to divert its course.
With a decent story and good characters, the science proves, unfortunately, fundamentally flawed. It's still a good watch and doesn't show its age.
- 1:30 -- It's so odd seeing actors when they're young.
- Adrian Peak Observatory appears to be fictional.
- 4:00 -- That appears to be an IBM Model M keyboard keyboard.
- 6:00 -- Jolt Cola
- 7:00 -- They could have just had him die, but the package flung out of his car.
- 7:15 -- Washington, D.C. United States
- 10:00 -- Chlorine, and Chloe is a great name.
- 11:30 -- Secretary of State
- 12:45 -- MSNBC
- 17:00 -- FBI = Federal Bureau of Investigation
17:45 -- Manhattan Project
- 18:30 -- President of the United States
- 19:30 -- Journalism ethics and standards
- 20:45 -- WebWindow? Haha..
21:15 -- http://www.search.msnbc.com/
- 21:30 -- E.L.E. is made up. Instead, see Extinction event and Global catastrophic risk.
- 30:30 -- Cretaceous–Paleogene extinction event
- That question is predictable and easily prepared-for.
- 35:00 -- Yes, when you're famous they let you grab them right in the pussy.
- 35:15 -- Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant, Chernobyl disaster
- 39:00 -- It's (also) about having a variety of understandings, training and experience, to create more overlap.
- 40:45 -- Why the fuck would anything be in Cyrillic script?
- 46:30 -- Why would they approach it from the tail side? Wouldn't it be best to do so from the dark, and the leading (sunset) edge, so they'd have the most time?
- 51:45 -- Why would the ship be so far they'd have to fly it over? It would save the minutes of walk-time I guess.
- 52:15 -- I guess they only had one mole..
- 56:00 -- So they did have more than one..
- 57:15 -- Carnegie Mellon University
- 57:45 -- He's blind.
- 1:02:00 -- Wow, that's the woman who played Tasha Yar on Star Trek: The Next Generation
1:06:00 -- I think you mean no women near menopause will be selected.
- Perhaps only girls and women between 16 and 30 who are fertile. Hey, may as well be direct about a huge reason people are being saved. Savage.
- 1:12:00 -- All of this is really confusing if they were so confident about the surface-to-space missiles being successful.
- Moby-Dick - (1851 book), by Herman Melville
- Huckleberry Finn is a character from The Adventures of Tom Sawyer - (1876 book), by Mark Twain
- Baker and the seim(?)
1:25:00 -- What.. is he going to walk back?
- 1:28:15 -- So he somehow hitched a ride..
- 1:30:00 -- Tidal wave = Tsunami
- 1:31:00 -- Extinction event
- 1:36:45 -- I see a Budget Rent a Car truck and a bunch of U-Haul trucks.
- 1:39:00 -- Does he know where he's going? This is all manner of silly..
- 1:43:00 -- I've missed you too.. but you're mother was a bitch that kept me from visiting..
- 1:43:45 -- Thanks to Russian dash cams, I know a hell of a lot about what a passing strike would be like.
- 1:47:00 -- .. riiight, they're so dead.
1:51:00 -- That wouldn't do a fucking thing. The amount of mass entering the atmosphere would still heat it enough to light all the forests of the world on fire.