The Romulans have an internal power struggle, and The Enterprise is brought in for diplomacy by one of their factions, which has a member particularly interested in their captain.
Generally trashy and obvious, with multiple issues throughout. Not worth watching. Definitely avoid if not already a fan of the television show, as this is an absolute mess without a moderate understanding of its lore.
Properly titled Star Trek X: Nemesis
I'm not sure how this slipped through the cracks. Some time ago I stopped caring about the movies and sequels and sequels of sequels of remakes..
- 4:00 -- The proceedings would have been recorded and transmitted, yes? More would have to be done for a coup.
Ladies and gentlemen, and invited transgendered species.
- 8:30 -- Can we get to the fucking movie already?
- 12:15 -- Why would the shuttle have wings?
- 13:15 -- They don't have proper seatbelts..
- 15:15 -- Yeah, it feels obvious that someone cut it apart and scattered it. Obvious from the very first limb.
- 17:30 -- They do have a starship that can shell their enemies from orbit.
- 18:15 -- Oh, so Firefly - (2002 TV show) did that first.
- 20:00 -- No. No, don't reassemble him.
- 23:00 -- Wouldn't they be met at the neutral zone and escorted into Romulan space?
- 53:30 -- "So what am I?" .. you're his brother.
- 1:02:00 -- They can't transport while their shields are up.
- 1:03:00 ~~ Can't they just send a message out, warning the fleet?
- 1:04:19 -- She's dubbed-over, and lips "compatible RNA", I think.
- 1:07:45 -- Also, they could wage a very direct war against the Romulans, forcing them to reconsider or pull back to help defense. .. but all of this is assuming the Romulans have just that one ship.
- 1:16:45 -- I would have offered him the transfusion and expertise with human biotech to save his life, in exchange for their freedom. I would have also offered him diplomatic immunity and the status to represent his people on a Romulan embassy on Earth. Roll credits.
- 1:23:00 -- Yes, they would be vulnerable while cloaked.. although for some reason it was taking a lot of hits and actually had a shield while cloaked. But don't they have like super-shields? Also didn't they supposedly have lots of weapons in general? It looks like they were holding back.
- 1:23:30 -- They can just directly transport Picard off, like before..
- 1:26:45 -- Ramming speed. Although they likely still have the technology and manufacturing facilities to make more of those doomsday weapons.
1:28:45 -- But it has primary and secondary shields.
- .. at any rate.. called it.
- 1:34:30 -- Good thing they have life pods. They can also set the warp core to overload. They also have a Romulan ship or two who will come to save the day.
- 1:39:30 -- What? He can just tear metal off of the wall. Maybe it was decorative and only glued on?
- 1:41:45 -- Good thing Data made a backup of himself.
1:48:45 -- Baby Grut, like Guardians of the Galaxy