Archaeologists discover an ancient body with impossible technologies, giving evidence of a time-traveling journalist.
Quite a good movie! With a three hour run time, it was an easy binge and one that strings together seamlessly. A great story, and while it has some storytelling moments, it has unforgiving realism for its characters.
It has only a couple of awkward "like it's totes real, yo" moments because of some characters, but thankfully it's well-balanced and is overall absent of religion aside from the major plot point.
If you're looking for this movie, you'd have better luck including some names of those involved, e.g.:
- Mathias Koeberlin (Actor)
- Mano Lubowski (Actor)
Sebastian Niemann (Director)
3:00 -- Black Cobra
- It has a hood, so it's not a Black Cobra.
- 3:15 -- Bad dubbing just before cutting away from her. Then more..
- 3:45 -- Oh, the whole thing is dubbed.. from German I guess.
- 5:00 -- I so would not have touched the cobra.
- 7:45 -- How about clearing the area so nobody else caves in a chamber.
8:45 -- Cavities = dental caries = tooth decay
11:00 -- I get that they want to get on with it, but it always bothers me how artifacts are treated so crudely.
- Sony IP-270-E
- 12:30 -- Scientists.. who should immediately put time traveler on the list of possibilities.
15:45 -- Hangman (game)
- Also, it's in.. well it's in German, but let's pretend it's English. It's from the past but it's in English.
- 19:30 -- Wow, two hours for such a technical piece of equipment.
- 33:00 -- He had a gun, and was trigger-happy earlier.
- 33:45 -- Oh god, this is an anti-atheist movie.
- 37:15 -- Now they're shooting at him, but before they wouldn't. But now that they're trying to shoot at his legs, I guess they do want to capture him..
40:00 -- Is she former Israeli military?
- 40:45 -- Called it..
- 42:00 -- Oh god, breaking in to deposit roses is creepy as hell.
- 51:00 -- If this is meant to be authentic and not to collapse everything, then it's awfully out of date. Even several years ago there were very fine instruments for mapping this sort of way.
- 54:15 -- Wouldn't the embassy try to be more stealthy about that?
- 58:00 -- Like a tabloid?
- 1:02:15 -- I guess he was slashed and not stabbed..
- 1:02:30 -- Yeah, the egotistical preaching..
- 1:03:45 -- The "tape"? What tape? The hard drive of the next-generation camcorder that would need to have survived 2000 years?
- 1:11:30 -- Manganese dioxide
- 1:15:30 -- That's a lot of words for a little bit of text.
- 1:17:00 -- What's that about Jesus being a time traveler? Such a thing was never posited.
- 1:18:30 -- A Bar Mitzvah that only takes two hours? Not likely.
- 1:25:45 -- This scene is brought to you by Red Bull.
- 1:25:45 -- Likely Sodium thiopental
- 1:28:45 -- Bwahahahahahahahahah ahaha ha has hahaha hah ahaha ahaha ha hahahaaaaaa
- 1:34:00 -- The pipe would have hitched forward when it touched the tire.
- 1:34:45 -- Go up front and kill them. Also take their clothes and search for some water.
- 1:36:45 -- Did he go back to the woman's house? But it's been compromised..
- 1:37:30 -- He's insecure as fuck.
- 1:44:00 -- Wailing Wall
- 1:44:45 -- Let's just drop an earthquake right there..
- 1:47:15 -- Would reservists have the same uniform as active military? Would they even have access to a uniform?
- 1:48:45 -- It sounds more like she's shouting "Move!"
- 1:50:30 -- I've been thinking a bump might be a bad thing.
- 1:56:15 -- That wasn't exactly four seconds. It ought to have been machine-controlled, to be perfect. Or they're just playing around and did it that way so they wouldn't actually need to do any calculations.
- 2:07:00 -- Why would they be underwater? Has the water table has somehow changed?
- 2:11:00 -- So those used to be sewers and now there are wells leading down there?
2:11:30 -- I hope he has a suit, because he still has a bad wound.
- 2:12:00 -- Oh good. Let's assume that no sewage/water gets in.
- 2:13:45 -- Yes, gross. How was it put down there?
2:22:00 -- Did.. did he kill him?
- Oh, he was knocked cold but with his eyes open..
- 2:25:45 -- Dude was playing the long game to get the girl.
- 2:35:00 -- "They came here, to Palestine"? I thought.. I thought they were in Jerusalem.
- 2:37:45 -- Why the hell would anyone abandon that? I want a castle.
- 2:48:00 -- I hate being that guy.. but she certainly has a lot of ammo.
- 2:53:30 -- By the way, Jesus was not white.
2:58:00 -- She's alive! Therefore god. Or aliens. Whatever.
- .. well therefore woman-armor.
2:59:00 -- Not evidence. Not then, and not from his story.
All along I knew it would be the main character who was the traveler, and I wondered why he wouldn't recognize his own handwriting. I was also hoping for multiple versions of him, because that sort of thing is awesome.