A murder-mystery set around the intricacies of Japanese business culture.
A very good movie with a great theme and tone throughout.
Box description ∞
Based on Michael Crichton's provocative bestseller, this "smart, engrossing and electrically charged" thriller (Joanna Langfield, The Movie Minute) is as entertaining as it is thought provoking.
The special liason officer (SNIPES) is called to investigate the murder of a call-girl in the boardroom of a Japanese corporation. Accompanies by a detective with unusual knowledge of the Japanese culture (CONNERY), the two men must unravel the mystery behind the murder by entering an underground "shadow world" of futuristic technology, ancient ways and confusing loyalties.
- 2:00 -- Oh she's beautiful. That's Tatjana Patitz.
- 3:45 -- Los Angeles - United States - Feb. 9, 6:43 a.m.
- 6:45 -- This movie already had my attention.
- 8:45 -- Taiko
- Face (sociological concept)
- 25:45 -- Erotic asphyxiation
- 27:30 -- Mercury (element) (Mercury in fish), Mercury-in-glass thermometer
29:30 -- Shouldn't he be referring them to another department, and making sure they have their warrants in order?
- 30:15 -- Now he has his head on.
- 36:00 -- Betaku(?), where mistresses are kept.
- 37:15 -- Shouldn't they be wearing gloves?
- 1:08:00 -- .. revealing the background behind their heads.
- 1:20:00 -- Untouchability
1:36:00 -- I'm pretty sure dead people can't use passports.
10:28 -- to the left is a guy we should all recognise.
Bonus features notes ∞
(none were taken)
There isn't anything, other than a trailer for this movie and one for another.