An ex-commando's daughter is kidnapped in a ploy to have him help overthrow a foreign government, but this single father will instead fight to rescue her.
This is a movie that gets to the god damned point. It's full of tension and action, and every other line is memorable. It holds up exceptionally well, only being unsurprisingly limited by the lack of mobile phones in 1985.
I really hope you like steel drums.
Movie notes ∞
- 2:00 -- Nobody heard them, and they got away in their garbage truck.
- 2:15 -- Cadillac
- 3:00 -- This movie already has awesome sound bytes.
- 5:30 -- That's a young Alyssa Milano.
- 15:00 -- Fucking epic.
20:30 -- "I'll be back", from his earlier movie The Terminator - (1984 movie).
- 25:00 -- I didn't know the physics then, but now I know he should have skipped like a stone across that water.
- 26:15 -- A mobile phone from the past.
- 27:45 -- Smoking in an airport.
- 28:15 -- He's awfully dry.
- 34:15 -- "Special Officer", like what, a mall cop?
- 36:15 -- Him not being shot is a little unbelievable.
- 36:30 -- Casual misandry.
- 36:45 -- The gun positioning and sound don't make sense.
37:30 -- Just how many mall cops are there?
- 38:45 -- Tarzan
- 40:30 -- She should have gone flying. She had no seat, let alone a seatbelt.
- 42:45 -- She doesn't need to go along with him. He could have let her off basically anywhere.
- 46:45 -- Green beret.. and he does lot look like a member of the Royal Marines.
- 47:00 -- Wouldn't those people be nervous about the earlier gunfire?
- 47:30 -- Casual misandry.
55:00 -- Oh, it's just an everyday old rocket launcher you find at your local army surplus store.
- .. and grenades.
57:15 -- She's so awesome.
- I wonder if any of these had LED readouts in 1985.
- 1:01:30 -- That's Bill Paxton, who I know from all over.
1:02:00 -- Marine radar
- 1:10:30 -- One guy coming out fell down with no bullet wounds.
1:10:45 -- Hahhaa, dummies were stood up on posts. So bad.
- 1:22:30 -- What?! That was the door to some fiery thing, making this awesome.
1:26:15 -- Daddy, daddy? Is that my new mommy?
Extra features ∞
This only has the trailer.
I would argue the trailer has some spoilers.