to be re-watched
It's a movie about Russian people who have English accents. Waut, it's a movie about Russian people who have English accents AND how hot Liv Tyler is. Cool.
Note that this is an unhappy story.
It's true that there was quite an interest in French language and culture in Russia. I have heard quite a few Russian words whose roots are from French.
- 2:50 -- Foot fetishism.
- 38:00 -- Name day.
- 44:30 -- YES YOU DO DAMNED WELL RETURN HIS FEELINGS. YOU DO IT RIGHT NOW.
- 45:45 -- The actual response: Even though I couldn't see your face, I was stunned the first time I saw you. And when later I finally saw you, and still later when our eyes met I could feel an invisible tugging on my spirits. There hasn't been a day since then, that I haven't had a part of me longing after you. I want you to have that part of me, and one day I hope that I can share the rest.
- 50:25 -- And she gets sick and throws up all over him.
- 51:10 -- Punch the bastard out for calling your fiancé easy!
- 53:50 -- Well that scene is just.. awkward.
- 54:28 -- Dude, it IS him! Cool.
- 55:30 -- Cool, I was just thinking of that lame-assed windmill.
- 1:03:50 -- Why did that duel happen? Why didn't he just drop to his knees and exclaim that he was not chasing after his fiancé but was in fact in love with her sister!
- 1:05:10 -- But he did leave a trail of clues leading to a romance story, with a phrase underlined.. or something.
- 1:06:18 -- That'll do. Good boy.
- 1:06:50 -- Olga's not practical, she's easy.
- 1:07:43 -- In your position? You mean a fair maiden, living with moderate wealth? A woman with a mind? Who reads? Who believes in love? Damned fine position.
- 1:09:00 -- Spinster.
- 1:12:00 -- She's the only one with any colour to her. It's a bit too obvious.
- 1:15:00 -- Holy crap! Oh well.. time to go traveling for another 6 years. =(
- 1:21:25 -- Dude, a little discretion!
- 1:24:30 -- Yes, I'm cold.. because I don't love you.
- 1:28:40 -- Has she been celibate for the last three years? Why doesn't she have a child?
- 1:29:10 -- Fuck, no don't go to him. Having a kid won't make everything better.
- 1:30:35 -- Uh, was that sex?
1:40:00 -- Challenge the husband. Kill him and take your love!
Hmm. Unhappy story.
Special Features ∞
The theatrical trailer is completely useless. It just goes over some of the genre, and has no actual useful plot elaboration.
The DVD trailer is better for describing what it's about.
The trailer gallery is cool! Except when you play the first one, it continues through all of them.
- Komodo - I play this, and it also plays The Confession afterwards. Odd.
- Letters from a Killer
- Brown's Requiem
- New Rose Hotel
- The Confession
The commentary is a bunch of apologetic-feeling over-explanation. It sucks.