TODO - make a proper page
qtFM is a file manager based on pure Qt.
2013-07-23 - 5.5-1 ∞
5.5-1 tested 2013-07-23 on i686 Lubuntu 13.04, updated recently.
At first it didn't let me copy-paste a file into its same directory. Then later it would quietly make a copy of it.
- I would prefer it ask me for a new filename.
- I did get it to segfault when leaning on "back", via a hotkey I reassigned to
It's difficult to tell what tab I'm on.
- This is a standard issue with other file managers. My default theme sucks.
There is no delete confirmation. What. The. Fuck.
- I also see no built-in way to get to my trashcan.
- While I do want Esc to cancel a dialog (why is this customizable?) I'd prefer to use it to return to the main file list.
- I don't really understand how to edit the shortcuts list.
I don't know how to get
lxterminalto work as the default term, to
chdirinto the current location. Maybe I'd have to call a wrapper script for that.
qtfm installation on i686 Ubuntu ∞
There's no i686 .deb, so I had to install some i386 compatibility libraries. This reveals a bit more of the weight of the application.
\sudo \apt-get install \ libqtgui4 \ libqtgui4:i386 \ libaudio2:i386 \ libmng1:i386 \ libqt4-declarative:i386 \ libqt4-network:i386 \ libqt4-dbus:i386 \ libqt4-xml:i386 \ libqt4-script:i386 \ libqt4-sql:i386 \ libqt4-xmlpatterns:i386 \ libqtcore4:i386 \ ` # I discovered this dependency when trying to launch qtfm ` \ libmagic1:i386 \ ` # ` \sudo \dpkg --install *.deb