An abandoned projects, whose notes I'll just dump here.
This is an idea in the works. It will take some time to get it going.
Phase 1 ∞
Should be active before August 2006.
Convert my current CDs into ISOs.
- I don't know how useful any of it will be. I hope the CDs are good.
- Set up scene.example.com or some such.
- Set up a BitTorrent tracker.
Share those ISOs.
Phase 2 ∞
Should be active August 2006, but completion time could take a while.. depending on how things go.
- Download everything everywhere.
Build limited collections into simple ISOs and share them.
Phase 3 ∞
Assuming the first two phases work out:
Begin merging collections to:
- Eliminate duplication.
Group related items together.
Build and share compilation ISOs.
At some point I'll want:
- Public conversation channels (Use existing ones? Find them.)
"Public" torrent submission? (Unsure of this one. Probably, but how?)