A synthetic bounty hunter of synthetics learns of a plot for synthetic-synthesis. Or something.
Plodding and nervous. Another unnecessary remake.
- 0:15 -- Even from the opening titles it's already gritty.. nice.
1:15 -- Reading..
Replicants are bioengineered humans, designed by Tyrell Corporation
for use off-world. Their enhanced strength made them ideal slave labor
After a series of violent rebellions, their manufacture became
prohibited and Tyrell Corp went bankrupt
The collapse of ecosystems in the mid 2020s led to the rise of industrialist
Niander Wallace, whose mastery of synthetic farming averted famine
Wallace acquired the remains of Tyrell Corp and created a new
line of replicants who obey
Many older model replicants -- Nexus 8s with open-ended lifespans -- survived.
They are hunted down and 'retired'
Those that hunt them still go by the name...
- 2:45 -- California - United States - 2049
- 2:45 -- LAPD places this in Los Angeles
- 8:30 -- How the fuck is he still conscious?
13:00 -- That was Japanese being spoken.
- 13:15 -- Was that Japanese again, or something else?
- 24:15 -- Ossuary
- 27:00 -- She could have been pregnant with someone else's baby. I can't remember the term offhand.
28:45 -- Given their nature, wouldn't he be the partner to a human?
- This is done with other movies.
- 43:00 -- How does he know about the child? This is so confusing.
- 1:01:30 -- That was brilliant.
- 1:15:30 -- "A real boy" is a reference to Pinocchio.
1:27:15 -- She's a cuck-ogram.
- 1:28:00 -- I've seen this before, in some other movie.
- 1:35:30 -- Tritium
- 1:36:00 -- If wood were that valuable, then what about that dead tree?
- 1:42:30 -- So are there fields of flowers around there somewhere?
1:45:30 -- What the fuck kind of introductory words are those?
- 2:06:15 -- So who is that woman? All this random shit makes no sense.
- 2:07:00 -- So Ford is going to have all his sons in all his franchises kill him? What about in Indiana Jones?
2:07:45 -- Oh, so is he a trans-synthetic?
- .. this movie totally missed out on some major representation quotas there.
- 2:19:45 -- Where'd he get the car from?
- 2:22:45 -- So how was she injured?
- 2:25:00 -- So he got hurt enough to stop fighting, then just waited a while so he could keep fighting until he won the second round? Lame.
- 2:27:30 -- A rich dude like what's-his-face would have had beacons on his cars, and as soon as the first one went down, beacons would have gone off. Rescuers would have come.
- 2:30:00 -- Yeah he's fine, right? Totally able to walk away from all of that. No problems.
2:31:45 -- Just die already. I don't care about that character, I want more of the fucking storyline.
God dammit.. fucking cut to black.