TODO - make a proper page
A file manager.
Wow, this is actually quite good. It's very very rough in places though.
Configuration needs a whole lot of love.
- It seems the "standards" for file managers are not what the developer had in mind.. so I have to reconfigure a whole lot of stuff.
- Saving the configuration (to see the changes) and then re-entering the configuration does not bring the user back to the same place. This makes it very annoying to tweak it.
- The hotkey configuration is stupid.
- This list isn't sorted
- The list should have another column with the first command. It would be valuable to be able to sort the list by that column.
- Default hotkeys should have the same name as their function, if they only have one.
- All the actions possible to assign to a hotkey should have a description next to them. Each should also have a help button for a popup long-description.
- Cannot double-click items to enter their configuration. Need to click once, then find another button elsewhere and click that.
- The save button is on the far-left. It should be to the left of the cancel button (which is on the right).
Almost no dialog can be cancelled by pressing escape.
- The exit prompt can be cancelled with escape.
- The scroll bars should not exist if there's not enough content to justify them.
- Cannot colour individual files.
- Can I move the location bar to the top?
- Can't go "back" in history?
- Can I have a hotkey which opens a terminal at that location?
- Can I have hotkeys to move a tab's position in the list of tabs?
- Cannot control-backspace to delete a word to the left - when editing the location.
- Cannot middle-click on a tab to close it.
- Cannot drag-and-drop tabs.
- Cannot drag-and-drop files to move them from the left to the right panes.
- TODO - There's no copy buffer? -- to test, I was using a "quick copy" mode which may be throwing a file to the second pane.
- TODO - I can't turn off the right-hand pane?
- TODO - can I have some way to shift-cursor to highlight ranges?
- TODO - hotkey shift-keypad+/- for de/selecting all, and change keypad+/- for de/selecting the current item.
- TODO - can I have a hotkey for the preferences dialog?
TODO - is there a way to remove the 'N' and 'X' on the sides of the tabs? I use hotkeys.
I was going to attack its configuration, since I had to do SO much configuration.. but holy fuck, the config text file is 246k!