I was unwilling to find a more direct source. My notes are:
- At least as old as 15-Sep-1992 19:21
- Article 3590 of rec.humor.funny
S45c.6b76 at looking.on.ca>
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 92 19:30:03 EDT
Organization: Cygnus Support -- +1 415 322 3811
z... at cygnus.com[ 1 ] source damaged (david d `zoo' zuhn)
Subject: Job Interview pointers....
Keywords: original, chuckle
Approved: fu...@clarinet.com [ 2 ] source damaged, likely
funny at clarinet.com
I was on the interviewer side of a job interview for the first time a few days ago, and in preparation I asked many people for help and advice. I received a set of sample questions from a best friend in a previous life.
All credit or blame for the following truly belong to Brian R. Smith (
brsmith at cs.umn.edu), and is reproduced here by permission:
- "How do you work in a team situation when all the other team members are fools and idiots?"
- "How well do you program under the influence of hard drugs?"
- "Have you ever beaten or killed a co-worker?"
- "Give me a rough estimate of the maximum dollar amount that you've stolen from each of your previous employers."
- "Do you object to bullwhips in the workplace?"
- "Emacs or vi?"
- "You have a large network of Suns being used by secretaries for word processing in FrameMaker. Which GNU packages would you install for your own entertainment, and how would you justify them later?"
- "You see a wounded puppy bleeding and whimpering on the side of the road while you're running to work to fix a downed computer that tens of users are waiting for. Do you let the puppy die?" "Why not?"
- "How much of your workday would you waste by reading news?"
- "Recite the GNU Manifesto."
Selected by Brad Templeton. MAIL your joke (jokes ONLY) to
funny at clarinet.com.
Attribute the joke's source if at all possible. A Daemon will auto-reply.
Remember: PLEASE spell check and proofread your jokes. You think I have
time to hand-correct everybody's postings?
[ + ]
|2.||^|| source damaged, likely |