2008-06-17 -- Firefox3 is SO nice now though, that I may never bother with Konqueror again. I'm especially impressed by the speed improvements. It's like using Firefox1.0 again! =)
Konqueror needs ∞
- proper fonts - they never look the right size and shapes on Konqueror.
alt-<key>accesskeys (Firefox can do this again after being configured)
- Don't spam me when I use the accesskey.
- Bookmark-based "web shortcuts"
- A sanely-organized configuration screen.
Cannot search for something on one tab/page, and then search for it again on another tab/page.
- Each tab/page has its own unique search history; this is a really stupid idea.
Searching is completely useless.
- I search for something, and I am moved somewhere in the page, and I have no idea where the found-text is.
- Cannot highlight search results.
- a 'plain view' mode, without the CSS style of the site.
- Unlimited undo and redo!!
- Proper undo/redo. Konqueror doesn't really do it properly at all!
Konqueror waits to load the entire page before adding the username/password. This slows me down. =(
Konqueror needs functionality like Firefox addons/extensions/plugins (or former plugins):
Proper crash recovery. Supposedly it's there, somewhere.
- Also needs better remembering of text in editable areas.
- Right-click ads or Flash ads to block them. Be able to block
<iframe>s. Duplicate AdBlock.
- "Reload every"
Both suck with ∞
Being able to easily manage sites/passwords
Konqueror superiority ∞
Konqueror is already superior in some ways:
- Way faster.
- Way better page caching.
- Search/replace in text fields.
- Web page archiving - although I've never used it.
Remembering passwords which actually work for the page you're on.
- Firefox likes to remember old broken passwords.
Remembering web shortcuts in the location history.