Text overlay (Watermarking).
- Occasionally-moving watermarking would also be useful.
Image overlay (swap video out with an image).
- Should be easy to use, with templates that I can create ahead of time and trivially switch to.
- Application sharing.
Audio overlay, so that I can mix in a radio source without have it playing over my PC speakers.
- e.g. perfect quality and no feedback.
Advanced features ∞
- Mix multiple video sources together. Multiple webcams (angles), show desktop and webcam.
Spool to disk, so I can save and cut apart recordings.
- No video editing required, though that would be quite useful.
- Metadata-esque/rubberhosing watermarking would be useful.
Webcam capture software for Linux ∞
Notes probably from my early PCLinuxOS days..
- camorama seems ok. But it looks like it's only for taking pictures.
- wxcam sucks
smart install libgd-devel
- It automagically works, but it seems to only take a snapshot..
Other stuff that can use a webcam:
YouTube or other video services, via a browser.