A video hosting website.
It used to be great, but Google took it over, removed video responses, fucked up comments and left the service in shambles.
- /tag/youtube has a lot of stuff
- YouTube comments don't have line breaks
- YouTube RSS feeds
- 2019-02-17 -- I have YouTube comments emailed to my GMail account. Today I found one put into my spam folder. It was not spam. It wasn't anything even close to spam.
- 2009-07-15 -- The quicklist has a limit of 100, at least when not logged-in. When you add additional videos, they silently knock videos off of that stack.
(date not recorded) -- If you change the top-left country code thing, make damned sure you close out of any other youtube tab. Funny things will happen if you don't. For example, uploaded videos will fail.
- 1 Downloading YouTube videos and audio
- 2 Shortening links
- 3 Embedding a YouTube video
- 4 Random notes
- 5 Tips and tricks
- 6 Issues (old)
- YouTube report history
- Creator Academy
- Interactive YouTube API Demo Beta
- Recommended upload encoding settings
- Stats - http://vidstatsx.com/
Buying votes - purchaseyoutubelikes.com
Downloading YouTube videos and audio ∞
- https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/youtube-video-and-audio-dow/ (source)
Downloading captions ∞
Tim Smart has Download YouTube Caption, but as of 2016-09-12 it hasn't been updated since 2014-04-01.
Downloading subtitles ∞
Downloading comments ∞
Shortening links ∞
Note that this does not work with embedding playlists.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9ZDTxnV7fI => https://youtu.be/C9ZDTxnV7fI
Embedding a YouTube video ∞
Note that this works with both long and short URLs.
Random notes ∞
external URL referencing..
[very old note] - Video quality sucks? Append:
(This only works with long URLs, and I'm not sure it even works any more.)
Tips and tricks ∞
Using YouTube Studio with Pale Moon ∞
2019-09-07 on Pale Moon 28.7.0
In about:config add
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:65.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/65.0
Thumbnails - 1280x720 or 16:9, under 2MB
Issues (old) ∞
Commenting on YouTube videos with third-party cookies disabled ∞
Tools > Options > Privacy
- [x] Accept cookies from sites [Exceptions]
- Accept third-party cookies [Never]
- Click [Exceptions]
- Type apis.google.com then click [Allow]
Type plus.google.com then click [Allow]
Playlists are backwards ∞
YouTube playlists fucking play backwards.