An alien invasion begins with horrifying disasters but peters out into a lengthy siege wherein an unlikely girl struggles to survive.
See Falling Skies (2011-06-19 - 2015-08-30). No really, just go see that. It's not that great either, though.
8:15 -- I recognize Ron Livingston from things and stuff.
- I guess having gotten this far means I'm enjoying myself.
10:00 -- Electromagnetic pulse
- That's not how pulses work.
- 11:30 -- Is that her brother? I thought that last night was the last time she'd see him..
- 14:30 -- Avian influenza
- 16:15 -- Oh no. That character I grew deeply attached to, whose death will help me understand the lead character.
- 18:30 -- Wouldn't this backstory be better in its own movie? =/
- 22:15 -- I recognize Liev Schreiber
- Oh wait, he's dead.
- 37:00 -- I recognize her from somewhere.
- 37:15 -- No you don't. First you cripple the tough ones, making them a burden on the others.
- 39:00 -- So is this the present yet, where the narration and opening scene were at?
- 40:15 -- Oh, so now we've caught up.
- 43:30 -- Hey look, free Chloë.
- 44:30 -- I still think all of this is their fifth wave. That the military were not friendly, and all of this was put together to enlist humans.
- 46:45 -- I'm still waiting for this movie to get rapey.
- 53:30 -- Never mix genders in the military. It's just fucking stupid.
- 54:15 -- That offer of strip poker was neither demeaning nor sexist. Fucking children who write this shit.
- 55:00 -- Big strong man saved me, I must fall in love with him.
- 55:30 -- That poster is of Big Fish, a 2003 movie.
- 56:15 -- He's been taking care of her. Maybe he didn't want her, I dunno, shooting him.
- 56:30 -- I'm no expert on taking an arrow to the knee, but should she be running that hard?
- 57:15 -- Called it.
- 59:30 -- Brave protector's going to play white knight and get himself killed for her.
- 1:01:00 -- Drafted (Conscription in the United States)
- 1:06:00 -- A handy way to have them murder other humans.
- 1:10:45 -- I don't know the song and won't bother looking it up.
- 1:12:15 -- Can. Can we do this scene again?
- 1:16:00 -- Did he just close the door?
- 1:19:30 -- Called it.
- 1:21:30 -- No, leave the trackers in and become double-agents.
- 1:22:30 -- Also let's do
herI mean this scene over.
- 1:27:00 -- Love cures everything..
- 1:27:15 -- I'd turn coat for her.
- 1:31:30 -- There's no way she could fight one of them. It was just established they have superhuman strength! Plus she's a fucking civilian! Plus she's a teen!
1:37:45 -- Do explain where he got bombs from, because he wasn't carrying any with him. Also, how is he special forces-esque when the other sleepers .. and for that matter everyone else apparently aren't.
- 1:38:00 -- Right next to her former-crush. Oh well, I guess she went for the upgrade.
- 1:42:00 -- Super-explosives have not been established.
- 1:44:00 -- Cassiopeia (constellation) and technically Cassiopeia (mythology)
- 1:44:15 -- Ben & Jerry's
- 1:44:45 -- We have to save those other kids. IN THE NEXT EPISODE
1:46:00 -- It's our hope.. that we'll have a trilogy.