An audio player.
A really fucking inexcusably-ugly audio player. Thankfully abandoned.
Note that xmms.org is not their website! See What ever happened to XMMS.ORG?
- Can use the libSIDPlay2 plugin to play c64 SID audio. See Oldschool music.
- XMMS2 might have been a replacement, but it's apparently abandoned too.
bmp was meant to be a GTK port, but it was ultimately abandoned.
- 2016-04-19 - 1.2.11, on Slackware 14.1
- 2007-09-17 - Replaced by Audacious
- 2007-04-21 - 1.2.10 on (distribution not recorded)
I had been using this for a long long time. Since probably back in my original Slackware days.
2016-04-19 - 1.2.11 ∞
This came installed. For some reason. I guess because it's light or has few dependencies or something? Or .. well, Slackware is being Slackware.
Gods damn its UI is terribad.
2007-04-21 - 1.2.10 ∞
control-3can't be closed by pressing
- Mysteriously, xmms still displays things in its scrolling title line which I can't see with control-3.
alt-etwice, and then switch desktops, suddenly xmms is sticky to all desktops. =(
- I want to remove the extra title wigits from xmms. I suppose it's my skin painting those things.
- XMMS is too small. "double mode" is fwcking embarassing. If there was a +25% or +50% mode I'd be happier.
- installing xmms skins:
- Copy the
select your skin
My favourite skin is XMMS-LighthouseBlue.zip. It's clean and simple.