TODO - Oh god my DVD looks awful. I'm spoiled by Blu-Ray.
I'm not really sure what's going on with this movie. Something about cyborgs and a guy who is in love with one that he's trying to "resurrect".
It's an interesting watch, but probably only because it's Korean. I don't get to see a lot of foreign science fiction movies outside of the glut of Japanese anime. I sort of like it, but I tend to get confused in a couple of places. It'll be recommended, but only to those of a similar mind to me.
Very good subtitles; very few were awkward for me.
- Korean: 내츄럴 시티
See also Blade Runner - (1982 movie)
0:30 -- One minute of reading.
Time I've spent with R:
Time left with R:
78 hours, 12 seconds... 11 seconds...
How many days left?
I mean in your life span.
we'll be on the Muyoga by then...
traveling to a place far from here...
a place with no memories...
no reminiscences... no pain.
- 2:30 -- Well that's a police state.
6:30 -- Fortune-telling
- 9:45 -- Well you can still blow off pieces of them.
- 11:30 -- Finally, a movie with characters that use advanced sensors.
- 12:00 -- So if those are rogue combat cyborgs, why aren't they bringing non-rogue combat cyborgs?
- 13:00 -- A huge chunk of them will need to attend to survivors. Or would they all have died?
- 20:00 -- He would require more than a bandage for that hand.
- 24:30 -- Manufactured April 23 2077
- 27:30 -- Bwahaha that's awesome.
- 41:30 -- Why would they leave her there? Did they think she was an inactive robot?
- 48:30 -- So did the fortune teller-girl escape?
50:30 -- Where'd the bike go?
- I guess the budget wasn't there for it.
- 57:00 -- Why is he there anyway? Why was he ever interested in her? Did I miss something?
- 58:00 -- She could just turn and walk away.
- 1:01:45 -- Adonis amurensis
- 1:02:45 -- Oh, was I not paying attention that he wants that girl for the memory transplant thing? I think that was it.
1:03:30 -- So she's an escort? A masseuse?
- 1:03:45 -- Rape.
- 1:06:30 -- Actual rape trauma? But she's not even on Twitter!
- 1:08:30 -- I'm really confused about them not hitting the cyborgs.
- 1:09:30 -- It should have been established that the smoke grenades are effective against their sensors for some reason or other.
- 1:12:00 -- If the original dude is expired, then how could he have acted in the way he had, passing for someone competent to do the transfer they had been arranging?
- 1:17:30 -- Holy shit dude.
- 1:20:00 -- The subtitles are regularly awkward throughout this combat.
- 1:27:00 -- Suicide attack. Which should have been entirely thwarted since she was in a confined space and the helicopter had a M61 Vulcan (or thereabouts).
- 1:28:30 -- Why would this action be bad at all? Isn't it a transfer from one single cyborg to one single human?
- 1:29:15 -- Oh, it would have been that single guy transferring to all combat cyborgs? That's bad.. because I guess they would combine the original human's capabilities.
- 1:35:30 -- What the hell, is that a six-shooter?
1:36:45 -- Dude, that is awesome!