A guy who builds the technology to turn dirt into water goes to Mars, and even though he knows the ship better than anyone else, somehow, he has trouble on the way.
A patient, somewhat interesting movie. Worth watching if you're into such things, but definitely not if you're new to this style.
I watched the whole thing, and don't really regret it, but I wouldn't categorize this as anywhere near awesome.
- 0:30 -- Mars, 40 million miles away
- 1:00 -- Life on Mars is still up in the air. Bacteria might have existed on mars in some seed form which was carried to earth.
- 2:30 -- At first I wondered if I recognized that voice, but oh my god I know that actor! It's Mark Strong, who I probably most strongly know from Sherlock Holmes (2009 film)
- 3:00 -- One-way.
- 8:15 -- A pencil, really?
- 9:00 -- I used to think this sort of background noise was pink noise, but apparently I'm wrong. I spent some time trying to research it but came up empty. Perhaps I should have tried harder. There ought to be a name for it.
- 12:15 -- ".. I knew that this could work on mars." isn't as definite as his "when I get to mars".
- 19:15 -- Personality changes have been studied quite well because of very long submarine tours.
- 21:30 -- I can't remember the name of that instrument.. if I ever knew it.
- 29:30 -- They're supposed to have scrubbers to take care of particulates.
- 38:00 -- Gyroscope
- 42:00 -- Solar flare, good thing he was awake to notice it.
- 44:45 -- Water pollution. It's probably something he could purify though, via something as simple as distillation.
45:00 -- Dehydration, and he shouldn't be working out. Dumbass.
- What about his plants?
- 45:45 -- Yeah, the plants.
- 53:15 -- Called it. This was what I was thinking, but didn't find the right terms offhand.
- 54:30 -- He'd surely have other seeds.
- 56:30 -- What's in that water that it cannot be drunk? Why can he still not use that water in the circulation system to condense it out into drinkable water?
- 1:15:00 -- Magnetic storm (Geomagnetic storm)
- 1:19:00 -- Well at least he has some supplies there, right? Not water, but other supplies. Perhaps at a little water.
1:21:00 -- Keep in mind that's not so much a space suit but an environmental suit for both the atmosphere and temperature problems.
Welp, that was not worth watching.