- /tag/websites (live)
IA.BAK for backing up the internet.
- Yes, back up all the things.
- Software > /tag/internet-software (live)
- DOS > DOS networking
- Explaining the internet to seniors
- 1 Connecting to the internet / protocols
- 2 Connection information
- 3 Search engines
- 4 Impersonal
- 5 Personal
- 6 Reverse image searching
- 7 Web page / Website authoring
- 8 Other stuff
- 9 2002-08-31 - Whitelisting ideas
- 10 Random stuff
Connecting to the internet / protocols ∞
Connection information ∞
Local (for yourself) ∞
- dslreports speed testing
- Whoami -- Online Information, Browser Headers, DNS, Whois, ISP
- Web browser fingerprinting
- CanYouSeeMe.org -- Open Port Check Tool
Global (for others) ∞
- Verify Global Accessibility Without Leaving Your Desk
- whois (site administration/ownership)
Search engines ∞
- https://google.com/ (Google)
- https://www.bing.com/ (Microsoft)
- No secure connection:
Notable websites ∞
- Internet Archive has many public-domain documents.
Wikipedia is a fundamentally-untrustworthy social encyclopedia.
See also Media and community
Website archiving ∞
Websites which keep backups of websites.
Domain names ∞
- CloudFlare for caching and uptime and such.
- Search engine optimization
Odd web server software:
- A web server in dd/sh
- PS-HTTPD: The PostScript web server
- awk web server
- Allows you to use SSH, TELNET, VNC, FTP and any other Internet application from behind HTTP(HTTPS) and SOCKS(4/5) proxy servers. This 'proxifier' provides proxy server support to any app.
- Squid / etc
- Squid - caching proxy
- Ad Zapping With Squid
- A redirector for squid. Good for low-resource systems I'm told.
- Requires a phone number with texting capability.
- an old note said: Webmail-only. Their pop3 stuff is for-pay or for-Windows.
- Requires a phone number, I believe also one with texting capability.
- Working with ICQ (= AOL)
- Russian website though. =/
- (Microsoft) https://live.com/
Does anyone know of a way that I can set up a web interface to my mailbox so I can check my mail via the web while on the road?
Disposable email ∞
Media and community ∞
Image, video and text hosting, communications platforms, media search websites.
- /tag/media-websites (live)
- https://lbry.io/ -- A free, open, and community-run digital marketplace.
- https://maidsafe.net/ -- Autonomous Data Network
- Steemit like front-end (Busy), a twitter-like front-end (Zappl), a youtube alternative (dTube), a soundcloud alternative (dSound), a streaming Steem (dLive?), a front-end for people to create even more stuff (Utopian), a token system to incentivise the creation of stuff (SMT)... and so it goes on. -- @nanzo-scoop
Your website ∞
Build links to external websites, where a user can click them and the destination website does not know the user surfed there from you.
Old media website notes ∞
Notes from 2011-10-02
Reverse image searching ∞
Provide a picture and find others like it, and hopefully where it originated.
TODO - This will be a mini-project at some point. I have more bookmarked.
Web page / Website authoring ∞
Instead of writing things by hand.
See About this website for what it uses.
- WordPress is popular.
Other stuff ∞
2002-08-31 - Whitelisting ideas ∞
Cookies and images - Ban all except those from a user-provided list.
In a web browser or an email client.
Also whitelist emails, so only those in ones email addressbook are allowed through. This may be doable in Claws Mail, but I'm unsure.
Linux note: A professor created a "grey list". For unknown addresses, the server does not yet accept emails, so they float around a bit (a mechanic of email) and much spam would be eliminated this way. Then it would reply to email addresses and give a password. Some replies are never received, eliminating more bots. A human would use it the email and then it would deliver the original mail.
Random stuff ∞
GRC ShieldsUP! Internet Vulnerability Profiling