See also Polipo
Useful for connecting to Media Websites.
- As I understand, the method VPN uses to connect to your proxy is fundamentally insecure. The entire thing becomes vulnerable to a man in the middle attack.
Proxy / VPN ∞
- Get a fully-routed VPN, and ensure everything is routed!
Browser/etc fingerprinting still exists!
- Tor for that? Tails?
Using an open wireless connection may help.
- Using a neighbours wireless connection may help, it's possible to crack into some of them.
What about DNS? - can it be used to block/spoof a website?
- Resolve this by using "Tunnel Mode".
- If I use a VPN, who will resolve my DNS requests?
I have an old note that says "PPTP is probably not secure".
What happens if the VPN goes down?
- Some use an interface that will shut down the internet connection.
Can IPs be cycled-through?
- Can that be automatic?
- An encrypted connection for all internet traffic. Hides data from ones ISP as well. Fairly inexpensive.
- An ancient note says "Not actually secure though.."
- An ancient note says "Same idea. PPTP, probably not secure either."
- Gives a rotating anonymous IP
Web gateways ∞
- For accessing blocked websites, like thepiratebay.