One of the classic web browsers.
- aka Netscape
Ancient notes ∞
Man, this stuff goes WAY back.. win3.11b days.
Probably from 1996 or earlier.
Netscape (probably win3.1!)
- add an alarm on download completion
- why is the cache clearing function in SETUP?
- should have a download recovery function. Perhaps compatable with other one's which are out there already.
- doesn't mark stuff that I've downloaded, until I return to that page later
- should prompt before cancelling a download (don't prompt if it's cancelled with the mouse)
- should be able to batch download. i.e. download one file completely, and then download others.. not at the same time.
- should be able to have functions to auto-download at a certain time, or from certain conditions - make it a seperate program?
- should keep the variables when editing the settings - so that I can go back and forth from them and the browser and not have to re-open those closed 'groups' in the list
- 'send messages later' in composition doesn't actually do anything.. =(
- be able to delete those 'saved' messaged after 'x' amount of days (prompt / warn first?)
- the bookmark editing isn't exactly the easiest thing to do. Make some sort of quicker shortcut to change the properties.
- when moving bookmarks around.. it keeps creating the bookmark 'temp'
- be able to turn off that stupif animated picture
- fix the animation at the lower left -- it should vanish before it comes back the other direction. Make it prettier like mosaic?
- should be able to find tcpman.exe in another directory, and run it.. if it isn't running. Should be able to just run netscape and not have to run winsock and have it's script log on .. etc..
- should have canadian settings: 2 spaces after a period. It should not automatically adjust the spacing.. that's silly! It should have sometimes 1, sometimes 2 spaces after a colon (don't make it always 1, check to see if there are two spaces in the text, if so, print out two spaces)
- the sort function in the bookmarks (^B) is nonexistant - how can I get it working!
for the big version of netscape - its cache fills up! It should delete itself!