From a future destroyed by plague, a prisoner "volunteers" to be sent back in time to fetch pre-infection samples.
A great movie that stands apart both from its contemporaries and even from movies of today. It touches upon a lot of topics I find interesting in movies.
- Inspired by La Jetée - (1962 movie), written by Chris Marker
- See also 12 Monkeys - (2015 show)
- TODO - watch with the commentary
TODO - At the end of the making-of is a secret menu and more stuff.
0:30 -- Reading
"...5 billion people will die from a deadly virus in 1997...
...the survivors will abandon the surface of the planet...
...once again the animals will rule the world..."
- Excerpts from interview with clinically diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic,
- 7:30 -- So where's the music coming from?
- 8:00 -- Inspired by the film 'La Jetée', written by Chris Marker
- 11:15 -- I didn't look up what that painting is.
- 11:30 -- Baltimore - United States - April 1990
- 20:00 -- His eye is messed up. How was that done?
- 20:45 -- Albert Einstein
27:30 -- Germ theory of disease
- 29:45 -- colonics = Colon cleansing
30:00 -- That may actually be a legit documentary.
- I didn't note the cartoon earlier.
- 30:30 -- Easter Bunny
- 31:00 -- Emancipation
- 32:00 -- "Danger Will Robinson" is from Lost in Space - (1965 show)
- 34:15 -- Florida - Florida Keys - United States
- 42:15 -- I recognize that pig's head from somewhere.
- See also French Army in World War I.
- 45:30 -- Baltimore - United States - November 1996
- 46:30 -- Western Front (World War I) - October 1917
- 46:45 -- Or maybe he was from Britain. He wasn't in French uniform.
- 47:45 -- Nuclear proliferation
- 48:00 -- Chicken Little = Henny Penny
- 48:15 -- Homo sapiens
- 51:45 -- Blueberry Hill - (1956 song). I don't know which artist sang this version, perhaps Tommy Ryan.
- 52:45 -- The Boy Who Cried Wolf
- 53:00 -- What a Wonderful World - (1967 song), by Louis Armstrong
- 53:45 -- Jeep Grand Cherokee
- 56:45 -- I didn't find any reference to well reference being real.
- 58:45 -- I can't make out any lyrics, so I can't look up that song. I also don't care to look through the music credits to learn more.
- 1:02:00 -- Casual misandry.
- 1:04:45 -- Virology
- 1:08:00 -- Not that kind of doctor.
- 1:15:45 -- Here little kicks are adorable.
1:23:15 -- Oh hey, the voice could be from his tooth-tracher.
- 1:45:30 -- TRY HARDER -- Someone, somewhere, knows what movie this is. I actually want to see it, but I don't know where to begin to find it.
- 1:49:00 -- This bit makes no fucking sense whatsoever. She can't remember him.
1:51:45 -- Is his leg still injured? Did he get it patched up when he went back to the future?
- How do they expect to get anywhere? She's been tagged, and they know she's with him. He'd need I.D. to get anywhere.
- 1:53:45 -- He pulled his teeth, didn't he?
- 1:57:45 -- The other dude should have been shown as having vanished. Otherwise he should have been shown as overhearing her.
- 1:58:30 -- Open them? Papers? None of this makes sense, even for 1996.
2:03:15 -- He didn't introduce himself, how rude.