Was called amaroK (ending capital letter)
- 2007-06-30 - Amarok 1.4.5 (Using KDE 3.5.6) on PCLinuxOS (version not recorded)
- 2009-01-06 - Amarok 2.0 on PCLinuxOS (version not recorded)
2009-01-06 - Amarok 2.0 ∞
Downloaded the source:
They decided not to include instructions within it. Thanks guys.
What I did:
Unpack and follow most of the instructions.
cmakefrom the PCLinuxOS repository
cmake ../ -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=`kde4-config --prefix`
bash: kde4-config: command not found -- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- works -- Check size of void* -- Check size of void* - done -- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++ -- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++ -- works CMake Error: ERROR: Could not find KDE4 kde4-config -- Configuring done
I don't have KDE4 installed. Why the hell .. oh whatever, I give up.
2007-06-30 - Amarok 1.4.5 (Using KDE 3.5.6) ∞
- I see the naming issue has been improved. Is it now called "Amarok" and not "amaroK"?
- When changing tracks, and that dumb popup appears right in the middle of what you're doing - it shows a transparency which has the background. Well, if you change desktops right when that happens, that fun transparency is not re-created and displays the same background stuff from the previous desktop. Fun with obscure issues caused by eyecandy! =)
Just too damned complicated. A lot of semi-missing features and annoying.
2005-10-11 - amaroK 1.3.2 (Using KDE 3.4.2) ∞
- Has a maximum file length / directory length / depth of some kind..
- Build a directory within amarok, then quit it, then move the directory and re-enter amarok.. it won't pick up on the change. It won't remove those files from its library.
- I also noticed how it would collect multiple duplicate copies of files in its database.. it got rather messy.
- Global hotkeys for keypad items don't seem to work anymore. They used to, and they're still set.. and they work when the application is focused, but they don't work when looking at nothing/any other application.
Alt.grey+/ido work for volume control (but it's not because of
- Editing the track information for something, I couldn't change "LACUNA COIL" to "Lacuna Coil" [ 1 ] Lacuna Coil was a good band, you should check them out . I had to change it to something else, then to what I wanted. Classic bug. =p
When viewing a list on the left, which has an album name and a list of items under it, I can double-click on an album name's text and highlight the text.
- Be able to turn off the fading tray icon trick.
- Be able to include the track number or anything else in the left-hand column. It's rather annoying to have a million different albums for one artist all mixed together, sorted by title and not track number. How would I play an album track-to-track?
- The flat view's search function should search through filenames and comments. How do I add "featuring x" without polluting the artist names?
- Be able to double-click on an entry in the left pane to .. play something. I don't want to add entries to the playlist, I want to replace the playlist with the entry/entries I select. This should be user-configurable. A context menu to be able to add to the playlist or play would be nice too.
- Be able to customize the headers in the collection pane / flat view.
- Be able to expand or detach the left pane. It's very cumbersome to work with very long filenames.
- there is no interface to work with the filenames directly. I want to pull up the properties of a song and rename/move/whatever the file. Full file management functionality would be nice to see, but I wouldn't expect it to go in.
- Searching using regular expressions?
- I can't search for something like
The smart playlists aren't that smart. I can't build unlimited filters.. the UI doesn't allow for that. I can't search for a whole word like "ice", it matches that within words. I can't search for filenames (it lists "path")
[ + ]
|1.||^||Lacuna Coil was a good band, you should check them out|