See also Zaurus SL-C1000 hardware
I'm just dumping it all here in case it ever becomes useful to someone out there. Most of the links are dead, but many can be found on the Internet Archive.
Sharp Zaurus SL-series Accessories ∞
http://www.otterbox.com/products/pda_cases/3600/ +waterproof rugged case -- yes, it would fit my SL-C1000!
figlabs.com -- So far figlabs.com is the only place I've found which carries a good line of accessories.
conics.net -- SL-C700.
- A Targus universal camera pouch fits the Cx00 series nicely.
- Nintendo DS case.
- Universal ClipPak Case -- For belt-mounting.
- otterbox 3000 is nice, but a bit big.
- Other waterproof boxes would work for general storage.
- Pelican 1020 micro case -- Fits a C3100 perfectly with 3/8 inch extra space on end. Waterproof.
- EA-BL11 Battery
- EA-BL11 Battery
- external battery charger
- Or just SSH into your Zaurus. =)
SD Devices ∞
The SD slot can only be used for storage, as drivers have not been developed to use the various SD devices.
I have used a SanDisk 1GB SD card.
1GB is the limit right now. a 2GB driver is in the works and will be released when Angstrom is released one day.
MMC Devices ∞
The SD slot is backwards-compatible for use with MMC cards.
Some SanDisk MMC card's will not be re-mounted after the Zaurus is put into suspend mode. Manually re-mount it, or take it out and put it back in.
CF Devices ∞
I have used a SanDisk 256MB CF card.
I have also used a SanDisk 2GB CF card.
I don't know what the size limit is for the CF slot.
- Xircom 10MB ethernet card
- TRENDnet/TRENDware TE-CF100 ethernet card
- Buffalo "LAN CARD" LPC-CF-CLT (not English)
- Wireless cards with the Prism2 chipset are recommended.
Wi-Fi CF card - Planex GW CF 11X
- figlabs.com used to sell these.
SanDisk ConnectPlus WiFi/Memory Card
A list of cards which I am seriously considering:
Ambicom WL1100C - prism 2.5, 17/250/370, 55mm
- https://www.amazon.com/product-reviews/B00008W9PW (has a review with Zaurus instructions)
All are supported, none block ports.
|Vendor Model||Chipset||Standby/rx/tx ma||length||equivilant|
|Adtec ADLINK 345 CF||Prism 2.5||56mm||Z-com XI-825|
|ASUS Spacelink WL-110||110/200/300||60mm|
|Buffalo WLI-CF-S11G||Prism 2.5|
|Buffalo WLI2-CF-S11G (__)|
|DLink DCF-660W (__)||Prism 2||80/250/350||60mm|
|Linksys WCF12 (__)||Prism 2.5||60mm|
|Netgear MA701||Prism 2|
|Pretec CompactWLAN||Prism 2.5||20/250/370|
|SMC 2642W||Prism 2.5||150/280/350||56mm||Z-com XI-825|
|TrendNet TEW-222CF||Prism 2||50/200/300|
|Z-com XI-825||Prism 2.5||SMC2642W|
CE-AG06 Camera Card https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000645V8
- Neat! It won't replace my Pentax OptioWP though.
- The owner is bilingual, so it's possible to email him for info.
- Records two channels of 24-bit/192 Kilosamples/second uncompressed digital audio to compact flash memory cards and hard disks.
USB Devices ∞
Many devices will need their own source of power.
- Mini-A Male to USB-A Female.
- CD/DVD burners are possible, but remember the that this is not USB2, so it'll go pretty slow.
- MCL Samar Serial usb cable
- Gameport to usb convertor.
- CyberPower Systems Hub 420 MP (H420 MP)
- USB bluetooth dongle
- USB mini mouse
USB networking is recommended because it doesn't get in the way of your hands when you want to use the keyboard.
The stereo jack plug can act as a microphone with something like a standard cellphone headset. You can also use an adaptor for other headsets.
I was able to use a regular pair of headphones.. one of the buds became the mic. Bad quality, but still interesting to know. =)
Which I own ∞
- FPS-101E1 Micro Power Super Mini Portable AC/DC Adaptor - 100-240V
- solar charger -- PSP, DS and GBA SP
- Sharp CE-BC22 Battery Charger (actually, I have two since one came with my zaurus)
MonoMobile Overlay for Zaurus MM-SP01 -- Screen protectors are worthless.
- Generic BL08/BL11 Large battery for all Zaurus
Used Buffalo CF WiFi card for ALL zaurus -- Mine was new!
- WPA is supported by recent hostap drivers, so any WiFi card supported by hostap also supports WPA.
- merge wireless extensions 15 from kernel 2.4.21 (i used this one as a basis: https://tetsu.homelinux.org/zaurus/kernel/v17f/)
- recompile the wireless tools and hostap for this kernel (enable all the firmware update functions)
- upgrade station firmware on the card from 1.3.5 to 1.7.4 (see http://linux.junsun.net/intersil-prism/)
modify pcmcia scripts, mostly