After the assassination of his father, a new king is crowned for an insular but extraordinary nation, but he does not go unchallenged.
I decided to watch this, breaching my "no more superhero movies" position, because there was some fascinating drama surrounding it.
Not recommended: I can't understand why anyone would think this is particularly good for any particular reason. Aside from being all manner of racist, it does not provide any intellectual cud to chew on.
- 0:30 -- A meteor struck an entire continent?
- 1:00 -- Bast is a corrupted reference to Bastet, and re-uses the Egyption mythology of uniting.
- 1:45 -- 1992 - Oakland - California - United States
- 3:00 -- Grace Jones
- 7:30 -- Sambisa Forest - Nigeria
- 8:45 -- The old mask trick, to reduce actor costs.
- 10:30 -- If he's got a weapon, he's not a boy.
- 14:00 -- I don't understand. Do they look so different because the four different tribes never intermarried?
- 15:15 -- Wait, what? That was his sister and mother? The three of them look nothing alike.
- 15:30 -- London
- 21:00 -- Oh my, I know that actor, from Ghost Dog - (1999 movie) (and elsewhere).
- "We have watched, as your technological advancements have been on the cybiaycha(?)."
- "Who scots(?) a tradition."
- 25:15 -- Didn't the one guy just drink some magic potion or something?
- 28:15 -- I wonder if they had a cultural advisor for all the varieties of paints and items on each of them. Somebody, somewhere, must be really ticked off at all of it.
- 37:30 -- What the hell is wrong with her head? Oh my god.
- 38:45 -- "Sneakers".. that was a flat joke, and insulting to that character.
- 40:30 -- So we've established he has no super powers, and is basically Marvel's Batman.
- 42:00 -- Spread out, and blend in-- hey wait.
- 46:45 -- Ooh, a little bit of casual misandry.
- 50:45 -- Are his eyes bulletproof?
- 51:00 -- Why would they spoil his kinetic energy chargeup?
- 55:00 -- What Is Love - (1992 song), by Haddaway
- 60:00 -- Excellent question. Yes he should have been let die.
- 1:00:15 -- So.. he does want to save other people just because he can? Will this be selective?
- 1:02:00 -- I don't understand. Why would he turn on him? He just rescued him. They're on the same team..
- 1:02:15 -- Where was he shot?
- 1:02:30 -- Oh, on that shoulder.
1:03:15 -- So can he waltz back in? Others on the outside were sent as spies. Presumably every one of them on the outside is noted.
- 1:04:00 -- Oh good, it's being brought up. Sort of.
- 1:05:15 -- "His people"? They're not his people. Even Wakanda has separate tribes.
- 1:06:30 -- Oh. I never caught on that that scene was with his father as a youth.
- 1:09:00 -- "Colonizer".. wow she's racist.
- 1:10:00 -- Magnetic levitation
- 1:14:00 -- What? "Our people"? "Liberate them"? What the fuck?
- Firstly, he doesn't look anything like the father.
- Second, he can't challenge because he's not royalty, he's a bastard.
- Thirdly, aren't there are only specific times for a challenge?
- Fourthly, he's a trained and practised liar.
- 1:16:30 -- I'm sure everyone would be there.
- 1:17:00 -- Oh, so that's what the potion is for? I didn't realise that the first time around..
- 1:23:00 -- Well clearly that one isn't loyal to the throne, and the other should have killed the dissident.
- 1:25:00 -- How come the one guy is the father to such an old child? He must have had him when he was like fifteen.
- 1:29:30 -- Oppressors? Like when Africans were enslaving Africans for thousands of years?
- 1:31:00 -- What's with her hair, anyway?
- 1:31:30 -- I bet Iron Man could take it and help.
- 1:33:00 -- Wow, are they really doing the ape thing?
- 1:33:30 -- Vegetarianism
1:41:45 -- Wonder Woman!
- 1:46:30 -- How does he have super-strength now?
- 1:50:30 -- She's okay. Somehow. She was thrown pretty hard and pretty far.
- 1:57:00 -- See also Blade 2 - (2002 movie)
2:01:45 -- eBay