A traumatized girl turns to hording in a secret hideout, but when she eats spoiled food she lapses into a hallucinatory coma.
Within this popcorn movie is a very adult theme.
- Hoshi wo Ou Kodomo
- "Children Who Chase Stars"
aka Journey to Agartha
The main website might have been childrenwhochaselostvoices.com at some point, but I can't find an archive.
- 0:30 -- Listening on a train track is a way to learn if there is a train far away. This is a moment of safety for the character before she runs across a train-only bridge.
- 1:30 -- Storing food like that is survivalism, and is a sign of food anxiety trauma in a child.
2:45 -- Shortwave radio
- No really, they can be made pretty easily.
- 5:00 -- You would leave that cat out? You monster!
- 5:45 -- You would throw that cat out? You monster!
- 8:45 -- I like how it says "5 kg" on a bag of rice in Japan.
- 18:30 -- Her wanting her own place is odd, and our not actually seeing her mother is odd.
- 18:45 -- Diode
- 21:30 -- He just cursed her to everlasting undeath.
- 23:00 -- Wind chime
- 23:15 -- Oh, she does have a mom, but it's a single mom and therefore a bad parent. This explains the home and food anxieties.
- 24:00 -- Schools have stores?
- 24:30 -- Cicada
- 25:00 -- Dragonfly
- 26:30 -- Maybe she should ask to see the body, just for some resolution. I mean, a messed up girl like that might withdraw into a fantasy world out of grief.
28:00 -- Japanese mythology
28:30 -- How interesting; Izanami not looking at his wife's corpse is a parallel to our own myth of Orpheus and Eurydice.
- 29:00 -- Called it.
29:00 -- Underworld:
- 30:00 -- Yeah, they don't have enough male teachers or adult-building topics.
- 30:30 -- Quetzal, Coatl, Quetzalcoatl
- 36:00 -- Clavis
- 36:15 -- Wow, they're just firing blindly..
- 39:00 -- Pakicetus
- 42:45 -- Gnostics
- 53:15 -- Vita-aqua is just a corruption of Aqua vitae and refers to whatever distillation for a Water of Life.
45:00 -- Wait what? Is she wearing another clavis? I was expecting her stone or something..
- 48:30 -- Guessed it..
- 48:15 -- Shakuna Vimana
- 50:45 -- No, she does not call him "Mr."
- 51:00 -- Potatoes can be poisonous?
- 55:45 -- Why would he cut his hair?
- 1:00:45 -- sleep paralysis
- 1:05:00 -- Izoku appear to be fictional. I mean even more fictional than mythology is.
- 1:13:00 -- Izoku are racist.
- 1:15:00 -- Yadoriko
1:22:30 -- The hell, movie.. you killed a cat? You monster!
- 1:23:00 -- The hell, movie.. you ate a dead cat? You monster!
- 1:28:00 -- Hell, they're climbing down a giant well.. so it'll be dark enough for them to come out when it's not noon.
- 1:29:45 -- Given it took quite some time for them to travel down that river by boat, it'll take her a very long time to walk alongside it, especially since she has to stop to rest. She can't really move well at night, in the water, and she has to sleep a little on land, in the sunlight..
- 1:36:30 -- How is she shooting a gun? Those have a kick. She is a child.
- 1:43:00 -- Well shit, he sure took the long way down.
- 1:52:30 -- How does he have a Clavis chip? Were some salvaged from down there?
1:55:30 -- So about her disappearing for several days..