Although a slum is walled off, run by gangs, and abandoned, a few people try to save it.
- aka District B13
aka Balineue 13
- District 13 - (2004 movie)
- 2022-05-19 - No notes were taken; still great.
- Likely watched again, maybe more than once.
- 19:00 -- Any one of those guns could tear through the car from one side to the other. An assault rifle could tear up the engine. There was a fucking machinegun which would have completely destroyed them. What, is that a special bullet-proof car? Nope, it's bad filmmaking!
- 29:15 -- Did anyone think to shoot out the little slit? That looks like it's thinner metal.
38:50 -- Ok, one-arming a person out of a moving vehicle? Come-the-fuck-on. All of that horrible cutting in the middle of action is bad enough, but to keep doing it to try to avoid revealing how physically impossible things are.. it's just sad.
- The subtitles are crappy, in that the English wording could be better. Yes, of course I watched it in French and subtitled.
- Dany Verissimo is gorgeous, but how is she his younger sister? Half-sister maybe?
The editing is outrageously bad, with jerky cuts in the middle of where something would be interesting.
Apparently "trailers" doesn't mean "trailers of the movie you bought"
The making-of is cool, but the rest is crap.
It's really long, and does go over a lot.. but it also does a lot of mutual dick-sucking where everyone is interviewed and complements everyone else. Sad. I thought this was a "making of" not a bunch of interviews with back-patting.