SketchUp Make is the free SketchUp version.
So simple it's actually difficult to use.
(source - from 2014-09)
... Sketchup is very broken in this regard, as it leaves a lot of undefined surfaces while the user design them interactively (in turn, it explains why so many Sketchup designs are so hard to slice and to 3D print -- and why I just cannot recommend this CAD software... at least check regularly with a 3D slicer to know when your design broke!).
2015-05-01 - SketchUp Make 2015 ∞
TL;DR: So simple it's actually difficult to use.
It installs LayOut, SketchUp, Style Builder
- Mousing over an item in "template selection" gives an unnecessary popup with the title of that item.
- Template to use: 3D Printing: Millimeters
- Why would the 3D printing millimeters template NOT HAVE A FUCKING MILLIMETERS RULER RIGHT THERE.
- I can "erase" the entire stage. Why?
- There seems to be a bounding box created with dragging the eraser tool, but it's invisible.
- There are links in "Instructor" on the right-hand side, but they're not clickable.
- I cannot shift-click-drag to move the stage, like gimp.
- Mousing over items in the toolbar doesn't give me any hotkeys.
control-yis "redo".. I fucking hate that. I want
- I can make stuff, but I have no clue how to merge things together into one shape without lots of lines running through it. "Union" doesn't gives a dumbass error. I guess there's something else that makes things solid. Ugh.
I keep pressing F1 to switch to arrow/select mode, because of Gimp. That pulls up my web browser for its documentation. Ugh.