some substances ∞
Some Heat rubs help people relax:
One recommendation ∞
Right before bedtime:
1-2 tablespoons of brewer's yeast
- Or 1 tablet of B complex vitamin if you don't like the taste.
Consider 1-12 grams of MSM.
Old timey "Tiger's Milk" ∞
- 1-2 tablespoons of brewer's yeast
- 1 banana
A couple drops of vanilla extract.
- I don't know if this is for flavor or substance; will artificial vanilla extract be okay?
- In the really old days was desiccated liver
Right after a workout:
- Tension-and-relaxation breathing exercises
I've been told to not take a bath/shower for about an hour after training; something about muscle memory retention.
Later after a workout:
A hot shower/bath
- Helps with "muscle memory" after training (what's that?)
- Some people talk about finishing with a cold shower or dousing
- Cold water dousing
Liniments - those wheat bags you heat up in the microwave.
- Dit da jow for bruises
- The right amount of rest
Proper re-hydration (no alcohol!)
- Probably no caffeine either.
- Tiger balm for soreness
- Shaking your whole body for a few seconds while standing, similar to what dogs do after getting out of water.
Stretch the muscles gently before going to bed. The next day, stretch the muscles gently when waking up, a couple of times during the day, before going to bed, etc.