aka pclos BE
- Had a server edition with bundled server software.
Two versions of pclos-be are being created:
- Desktop -- focused on including applications that can be used in day-to-day business.
Server -- as versatile as possible. It will have the flexibility to be set up as any type of server that could prove useful to the smaller businesses.
Possibly two server disks:
- The current focus is a smaller SOHO-oriented server on a CD for the smaller mom-and-pop shops and their needs.
Later there might be a full blown SMB for the 25 to 500 group released on a DVD.
- A lightweight xfce-based desktop, with sensible defaults.
- No fancy eyecandy.
- Updating and working with the server packages in the repository.
Packaging other server applications.
Target audience ∞
- New startups and entrepreneurial endeavours -- minimal startup fees, ease of use
- Established small businesses (1 to 50 employees) -- easy transition
- Home offices -- common applications
Stores -- common applications
- First release scheduled August 31, 2007.
- Second release scheduled February 28, 2008.
- Third release scheduled August 2008.
Annual releases thereafter, with regular repository-package updates.