A Ruby text editor.
- forum archive seems to have just been for random conversation.
irc://irc.freenode.net:6667#mathetes seems to be abandoned.
Redefine all the hotkeys the way I want.
alt-mto begin/end macro recording. Then f6 to replay it. kindof neat.
- it would be nice if I could easily save / manage a macros database.
save the file, start a shell and run the script
- not quite pasteShellResult
alt-kto learn the next keystroke
control-spaceto highlight. Then sensible cut/paste hotkeys.
The shell, execute and pasteShellResult commands can take variables:
$fcurrent buffer's filepath
$Fall current buffer filepaths, space-separated
$iget a string from user input
$ctemp file containing current clipboard text
$stemp file containing currently selected text
2009-04-25 - 0.8.8 ∞
Oh, I noticed it got updated. I'll check it out again.
Locks up with the hard drive grinding away, when I update the Gem source index for gems.rubyforge.org
gem install diakonos
As of 0.8.8, it's no longer installed by RubyGems. Sigh.
Simple to get and install though. Download, unpack,
control-oshould automatically list the files in the current directory without needing to wait for tab
- And it should not display the path except at the very top line.
- Trying to open a path just explodes. It should show that directory's files.
shift-cursordoesn't work to highlight.
Is there a dropdown menu?
ungh, it's just too clumsy.
I don't even see a way to uninstall it. Sigh.
2007-07-25 - 0.8.3 ∞
It's just SO UNBELIEVABLY CUMBERSOME. Sigh. It took me a while to figure things out..
My preferences. Press
F12. At the bottom, I add this new line and press
control-s to save:
#to be in a setting. Use
#and the following stuff as a content.
- It would be nice if I could easily save / manage a macros database.
- Auto-save a backup, like what Nano does.
Include a minimal default configuration, because people don't always have a net connection when they run diakonos for the first time.
Can't I shift-cursor to highlight and do useful things with highlighting?
- I can't implement anything myself..
If I load a script and then just press enter, diakonos should detect if no filename was added, without exploding.
- idea: If no filename was added, maybe just run the current script.
- I should not have to double-tap escape to abort various commands. One tap should work.
control-sshould remember my last search, and let me press enter on a blank line to repeat it.
- advanced search history matching
control-fand search for something, then press
pagedown, it highlights from the search result to the cursor.
- There should be a feature to end selection.
toggleSelectionisn't appropriate sometimes.
deleteAndStoreLineshould not delete the last line of the file..
Is there a feature to re-load the preferences, without having to quit and re-start diakonos?
[ + ]