In a ruined future Los Angeles, a wheel-chair bound man is swept up into a shelved government military/science project.
An awkward movie that's a little too bad to be campy. I'll keep it around, but only because it's almost collectable. Not exactly awful, but not recommended.
To play more fullscreen in VLC, go to
Video Effects > Crop and set the Top and Bottom to 64 px and the Left and Right to 4.
Deinterlace of Yadif 2x seems to be good.
By the middle of the 21st century
the great cities were dying.
In an attempt to regain control
and suppress the population,
cybernetically altered humans were
created. They were called OMEGAS.
Within a few years of their appearance
the OMEGAS began to alter their
programming. It became known as
the time of the mad minds.
To end the OMEGA experiment, new
totally cybernetic entities were
introduced. Known as PROTOTYPES,
they were programmed with one mission:
TERMINATE THE OMEGA UNITS.
- 1:45 -- What is "totally cybernetic".. do they mean robots?
- 2:00 -- Los Angeles (United States) 2057
- 2:00 -- I thought it was just the title sequence, but this whole movie might need a pass to adjust the shakey-cam.
- 12:30 -- Why bring a child back to the scene?
- 12:45 -- 20 years later being 2077, presumably still Los Angeles.
- 13:45 -- Discount Sarah Connor from The Terminator - (1984 movie)
- 16:30 -- You're beating a dead dog with a broken stick
- 21:00 -- Are we assuming she's awesome and let him sneak up on her?
- 24:30 -- This part was all so very stiff and confusing.
- 25:45 -- Wouldn't any of them just run away?
26:30 -- Since it cuts out so fast, it says "that can interfere with the prototype 001 and 002"
- I think it says another word but I can't make it out and can't be bothered.
- 29:00 -- 40.. MegaHertz?
32:00 -- Condom
- And oh god eww..
- 33:00 -- All of that confused me. Wasn't she making a "trade" with them?
- 35:30 -- Yes, the source is cut off; it isn't the recommended cropping.
- 39:15 -- Sleep and dreaming
- 39:45 -- Oh, so is he going to be regenerated?
- 40:00 -- Is she stupid? I thought that prototype project was bad..
- 42:15 -- Why would he mind if she smokes, if he's also smoking?
- 49:00 -- Casual misandry.
- 50:15 -- Why is he acting like that?
- 1:02:45 -- I assume it's a future-gun and has lots of ammo.
- 1:04:30 -- So how is it that they're psychic? Are we assuming she's been fiddled with by her cybernetic dad (and mom?) and now there's some sort of wireless connection between them? I'm confused.
- 1:17:15 -- I'm confused. Why wouldn't he just complete the work? Is it because she's in medicine?
- 1:22:00 -- Why would it attack him?
- 1:22:45 -- He knows the program, he'd know he can't shoot the thing.
- 1:23:15 -- Why would he kill the doctor? I don't understand.
- 1:26:00 -- So was this psychic stuff thrown in here *
- 1:29:30 -- There were other protectors, where did they go?
- 1:32:45 -- See also Star Wars - Episode VI - Return of the Jedi - (1983 movie)
- 1:34:00 -- I'm confused about everything in this movie. There's so much effort, but it's just so awkward and bad.
1:35:00 -- Who put her body in there?