Survivors of an alien attack crash next to a prison and learn that the alien came with them.
This was my first movie with a shaved-headed woman. I guess I was all "oh no she di'int, now wesa gettin serioooos".
In my mind, the franchise was significantly weakened by this movie. It just didn't "feel right". Perhaps the previous two were so good that they became too tough to follow, but after yet another re-watch this movie really just doesn't seem all that good.
Properly titled ALIEN3
- 2:30 -- The titles' aspect ratio is shit.
Fiorina "Fury" 161
Outer-Veil Mineral Ore Refinery
Double Y Chromosome-Work Correctional Facility
- 6:00 -- That doesn't make sense.. she magically washed ashore? How'd she get out? Presumably she survived because she was in stasis..
- 6:30 -- EV = Escape Vehicle
- 7:30 -- Oh, it's EEV. Emergency Escape Vehicle?
- 19:30 -- Disorientated is a word, for the British.
- 30:00 -- Wow, that animation didn't hold up.
- 33:30 -- There could have been a schedule for her to be there when they're not..
39:30 -- She took advantage of him.
- 39:45 -- But he's smart, yay.
- 41:15 -- All through this I don't get the impression he was looking at her.
- 56:15 -- How does she know to do any of this?
- 1:06:15 -- Morphine Addiction, Substance use disorder
- 1:08:30 -- That animation was awful..
- 1:11:00 -- That "fuck" was completely out of place for the tone of that moment. As is this little mopping. Wouldn't she already have them moved elsewhere?
- 1:15:45 -- A drip of their acid for blood can cut through a ship, so I'm pretty sure it can bleed its way out.
- 1:17:00 -- Oh god this dialog is awful.
- 1:19:30 -- This is stupid. He'd just go down two more rungs before reaching. What bad writing.
- 1:20:15 -- Why was there a warped image?
- 1:20:40 -- Doom sound
- 1:23:30 -- Six foot thick steel, and they can hear him? I guess the doors didn't have a proper seal or something..
- 1:24:30 -- This movie has been painful to watch..
- 1:42:15 -- Didn't he shut it off?
- 2:10:30 -- Inappropriate happy-music. This isn't a fucking Disney movie.
2:16:45 -- I love that oversized video camera. Even back then it was ridiculous.