The bar for entry into the police force is lowered, and misfits enter the police academy.
Overall, this was worth a couple of laughs, but the sexism and racism need to be viewed too in-context for me to deal with it. This language/culture/whatever difference removes any chance of timelessness this movie might have had.
- Police Academy 2 - Their First Assignment
- Police Academy 3 - Back in Training
- Police Academy 4 - Citizens on Patrol
- Police Academy 5 - Assignment Miami Beach
- Police Academy 6 - City Under Siege
- Police Academy 7 - Mission to Moscow
Right away this has a statement of how lowering the bar to let more people in.
- This has a parallel to employment opportunity quotas. Letting unqualified people into any profession is a stupid idea.
- Do you want your brain surgeon to have been chosen not because of qualifications (education, experience, etc) but because they're a certain height and eye colour? This one flunked but they have a mole so it's all good.
- The military security guard was re-used in Mannequin - (1987 movie).
- Relax (song), by Frankie Goes to Hollywood.
- Cars with ashtrays.
- Kodak photo booth. He has a "Fotofast" badge on his chest. See Fotomat.
- Michael Winslow, as Larvell Jones, beatboxing.
- 14 weeks of training. They can throw you out but you can't quit. Well, so yes you can quit then, by self-sabotage.
- Dude, is a klutz (clumsy, accident-prone).
- Holy shit I want a wife that can hop fences like that.
- Kim Cattrall is hot.
- Can Kim hop fences like that?
- Dude is a sycophant (suck-up, brown noser).
- Why would Jones join Mahoney. There should have been a little
- "..the right colour..", wow dude. Just wow.
The new lady mayor. A little sexist jab at their perceived incompetency of a women in power.
- Oh, the 80s, where comedy could be funny but can't be now. Let's make a Twitter hashtag, boycot some stuff and wring our hands. Maybe we can have an e-survey too.
- "..there sure are a lot of spades around here." must be some sort of outdated racist joke.
- "Let's see those thighs".. bwahaha.
- She describes her thighs.. further-bwahaha.
- I'd like to take a moment to appreciate the invention of the bra. Not for any particular reason, mind you.
- Hehe, the dude is polishing his knob.
- zomg, AOLspeak.
- A special forces dude, doing police work?
- .. the full 24 weeks?
- Holy shit, are they expecting accuracy with a revolver at that distance? Impressive.
- I'd like to take a moment to appreciate the invention of the bra. Still not for any particular reason.
- Oh, the 1980s objectification. Hey wait, there are topless men in this movie too. Oh, and men being physically abused. And men being psychologically abused. Is there an equality-counter?
- Stubby beer bottle
- Oh Kim's t-shirt. And thighs.
"The Blue Oyster" is a fictional bar, but that name is used elsewhere.
- The actual party has Jones in some sort of tribal marks. Is this another jab at Africans?
- A florist
- Dance .. I'm not going to bother looking up the style, or the music.
- Will You Love Me Tomorrow, by The Shirelles
- So why in the fucking hell would the straights still be in the gay bar?
- Hey neato, that chain-link fencing has a door in a door.
- Seriously, what's with the dude's fake breasts.
- No really, it's "yes sir".. at least with the military.
- Oh, he was sneaking in as a woman. I get it now. I thought he was being made fun of as being somehow effeminate.
"Don't move, this is a stick-up!"
- I don't know where the term "stick-up" comes from. It doesn't make any sense in the context of a person putting their hands up. Maybe it's some sort of reference to a whip or some such in a wagon-driver's hands?
- The two guys are calling Lester "Leslie".. but that's also a man's name.
- Fellatio. Oh man this bit is hilarious.
- Hrm, the klutz guy didn't have much screen time.
- Head in horses ass, whose concept was somewhat included in Back to the Future (1985).
- "Sleeping's for fags" .. wow, just wow.
- Car chase
- Santa Claus Is Coming to Town, by John Frederick Coots and Haven Gillespie
Jiggaboo is a pejorative against black people.
- From the Bantu "tshikabo", meaning "they bow the head docilely", indicating meek or servile individuals. It's actually an accurate term for that character in this case.
- "One down, several to go".. earlier there were four people who quit.
- Mohomo. Oh the sexuality slurs.
- Domino effect of accidents.
- Pinball machine.
- Riot control
- No relation to Blooms Flower Shop.
- So why are there crazy people who took asshole guy captive?
- That's a revolver. It has six shots. He has two of them. Math.
- I was half-expecting a "he shot my hair" moment.
- Ooh Jiggaboo-girl got angry. Can I use the term in context? No? Damn.
Ooh, Lasard got his cumuppance.