Aliens are sending spores to colonize Earth, but when humans send a retaliatory force to their homeworld they learn the bugs are a far more dangerous foe than anticipated.
It's a largely flawless movie. Amazing fun for what it is, which is the sort of military movie where only one soldier runs out of ammo once in the entire movie.
- Followed by Starship Troopers 2 - Hero of the Federation - (2004 movie)
See also Roughnecks - Starship Troopers Chronicles - (1999 series)[doesn't exist], the animated series which is based on the book and this movie.
1:00 -- Federal PSA / news
- See also Babylon 5 - (1994 show)
- 1:40 -- It's odd for them to call it an invasion.
- 3:00 -- Rico rico. See also Total Recall (1990 film)
- 3:30 -- She's really cute.
- 8:30 -- Jesus he's hot.
- 8:45 -- Didn't he get that one?
- 9:00 -- That's Neil Patrick Harris, who I know from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doogie Howser, M.D..
- 11:30 -- Yes, she's cheating on him.
- 13:30 -- Harvard University
- 14:30 -- Oh my god, she's hot.
- 15:00 -- Oh. Oh. Critical friendzone.
- 18:00 -- "23rd century dies"
.. my own free will
after having been duly advised and warned
of the immediate consequences of this oath
to enrol in the federal service
for not less than two years
and much longer, as may be required
by the needs of the federation
- 19:30 -- Yeah, we'll always be friends. Even when she cheats on him, dumps him without saying anything, and dates that asshole.
- 20:30 -- Back when extras didn't cost so much.
- 22:30 -- Federal PSA / news
- 23:30 -- Mormons
- 25:00 -- I would reassign washouts and use them as fodder.
- 27:30 -- Wow, she has a mark on her neck. Good continuity.
- 29:00 -- Great special effect there!
- 29:45 -- The military pays for their school, even for Harvard.
- 30:00 -- Baby licenses are required.
- 30:00 -- Uh. Sky marshal isn't what comes to mind when someone mentions a career officer.
- 31:00 -- Odd that they've had any downtime during boot.
- 32:30 -- Wait, what? Did she say "deploying wings"?
- 35:30 -- I would have recommended flunking her for that close-flying stunt.
- 39:00 -- That's Jupiter
- 39:30 -- She has to follow her heart, but apparently hers doesn't have enough space for him in it.
- 40:15 -- He could still wash out and walk away from all of that.
- 42:15 -- Well there goes her career in politics.
- 43:30 -- A black man whipping a white man. Well this is awkward.
- 45:00 -- Three watches, probably three 8-hour watches.
- 45:45 -- If the computer can tell if it's optimal, why wasn't it used to map it out? Maybe the both of them were being tested, and the computer should have just said whose was the shorter path.
- 47:00 -- An asteroid with a staggering gravity field.
- 48:45 -- AT&T
- 50:00 -- What's that, a woman using guilt to manipulate a man? No way.
55:00 -- Federal PSA / news
- 1:05:30 -- I'm confused about this bit. Didn't we already see this? Was that earlier version a flash-forward?
- 1:07:00 -- Federal news
- 1:09:00 -- If only they nuked it from orbit. Or towed some meteors and pitched them down at it.
- 1:10:30 -- Three days? For that wound? That seems like a lot of tech for so small an injury, especially compared to the other injured.
- 1:15:00 -- I'd be using explosive or incendiary rounds.
- 1:16:00 -- I'd use the teams to mark holes, then bomb them from orbit.
- 1:27:15 -- spoiler: Later, the brain bug is seen to be largely immobile and huge. How could that guy get his brains sucked out in such a confined space?
- 1:29:00 -- It is claimed that Daniel Daly yelled, "Come on, you sons of bitches, do you want to live forever?" to the men in his company before they charged the Germans during the Battle of Belleau Wood in World War I.
- 1:31:30 -- This scene was stolen by World War Z (film) (2013)
- 1:32:30 -- This retreat action should have been preceded by grenades, nukes or the like.
- 1:32:45 -- The first reload of the movie.
- 1:35:15 -- Are you trained as a medic, soldier!? Then why did you remove that claw?!
- 1:36:30 -- She had both her lungs punctured. She was dead a long tiem ago.
- 1:41:30 -- Why is the woman up front dressed differently?
- 1:43:30 -- That's an impressive effect.
- 1:46:30 -- His chin strap alternately does and then does not fit, depending on the angle.
- 1:50:30 -- Didn't he just say she's probably dead?
- 1:54:00 -- How come they're so easy to kill now?
- 1:55:00 -- She seems to be able to use her left arm pretty well for someone who was stabbed through her shoulder.
1:58:15 -- Federal news