An Old One is awakened, and renews his takeover of the world.. except we already know the good guys win because this takes place in the 80s and a past movie, set in the then-future, has an intact world with all characters accounted for.
A standard superhero movie, with nothing particularly interesting. Extremely confusing given that this is a sequel to a sequel to a prequel or some shit.
I would have done a few things different, and even a few subtle changes would have made this movie a hell of a lot better.
Definitely pass on this unless you're really into this particular series.
Properly titled X-Men: Apocalypse
Why the fuck is the poster done in that nasty semi-cartoon style? Are they planning on replacing actors for the next
- 4:00 -- Boy did I have a Doctor Who moment.
- 7:00 -- East Berlin
- 10:00 -- I thought Nightcrawler wouldn't have the confidence to jump through solid things until later, in the earlier movies. Uh, you know what I mean.
- 10:30 -- Pruszków, Poland
- 14:30 -- "Under control"? He's not The Hulk.. what the fuck have I missed?
- 16:15 -- She's instantly attracted to his power.
- 23:15 -- Oh, that's what's-her-face. But.. Phoenix isn't supposed to be in her yet.
- 25:45 -- So they had the complete Cerebro and the doorway eye scanner back then?
- 31:30 -- DOUBLE KILL
- 35:30 -- Central Intelligence Agency
- 40:00 -- Number Five is alive! (Short Circuit (1986 movie))
- 51:00 -- I don't understand.. didn't he used to be some dude's son who hid his powers and such?
- 56:45 -- Auschwitz concentration camp
- 10:30 -- Why does The Flash have something against Magneto?
1:01:00 -- Return of the Jedi (1983 movie)
- The Empire Strikes Back (1980 movie)
- 1:11:00 -- Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) (1983-01-04 song) by Eurythmics
- 1:13:00 -- The Flash is absolutely fucking ridiculous. What the hell.
- 1:14:30 -- Oh fuck off.
- 1:17:30 -- Scott doesn't know about dude's teleportation.
- 1:18:00 -- If only Scott could blast his way out before the helicopter took off.
- 1:30:00 -- He's neither being hit, nor regenerating.
- 1:33:45 -- He doesn't have three fingers, that's awesome.. except the audience would have to already know that to catch such a quick joke.
- 1:51:15 -- His "energy" ?!
- 2:06:00 -- God gets credit.
2:09:00 -- Uh, brainwashing much?