Old notes on han
dling .torrent files. They may or may not be obsolete.
As of around 2015-05-26 I've switched to Pale Moon. I'll revisit this if I need to configure Pale Moon similarly.
Check your Firefox .torrent preferences ∞
Edit > Preferences
- Find "BitTorrent seed file" and click the dropdown to the right.
Choose "Always ask"
Install and Configure the "Save Link in Folder" Add-on ∞
- Download and install Save Link in Folder
- Go to
Tools > Add-ons
- Find and select "Save Link in Folder", then click "Preferences"
Under "Main", click "New" (top right)
- Description: "BitTorrent"
- Path (wherever you like)
- If there is a duplicate filename... "Overwrite the file"
Final steps ∞
- Surf and find a .torrent file to download. Click on it.
In this dialogue, choose the new option "Save link in folder" and choose "BitTorrent".
- Unfortunately, the "Do this automatically for files like this from now on." does not work.
From now on, simply clicking on a .torrent file will pull up the 'save as' dialogue. Just press enter.
BUG: Unfortunately this same dialogue appears for other files. When you choose another option when saving that non-torrent file, you'll have to re-choose the "BitTorrent" option when downloading your next .torrent. Sigh.