In a world where everyone must take a daily suppressant to survive a deadly plague, one cop is put on the case of a string of murders targeting its researchers.
As usual, Christopher Lambert is a terrible actor. I just realized he's another Keanu Reeves, where if you like the guy you'll be just fine.. and you'll also know how each of his characters will look and feel.
Kelly Brook is a work of art.
0:00 -- Reading...
In the year 2003 a deadly virus
swept over the planet
... assisted by years of pollution and the
destruction of the Earth's ozone layer
The virus quickly spread
throughout the world
All the world economies
collapsed in chaos
By the time a cure was developed...
... five billion people died.
Man will still be using the goods
left surplus for another 100 years
... enough of everything except
the life-saving drug
1:45 -- There's a person speaking on screen, but it's still narration..
Man has always been an arrogant creature.
From the moment we emerged from the shadows of evolution, standing upright, we took it upon ourselves to be the masters of our destiny. With each step, we moved on, ever forward, seldom looking back, with a path of destruction left behind us.
The answers for our problems would come tomorrow. Tomorrow. Always tomorrow. Somehow they seem safer there. And so we pile them up one on top of another, as if doing so would protect us from the inevitable.
But the one thing everyone seemed to forget is... tomorrow always comes. And when it did, we weren't prepared for it. It swept across the land, toppling nations, until the world was awash in a great silence. Only then could we see what we had done. Only then could we see the price of our arrogance.
And yet the human race always seems to be at its very best when things are at their very worst. Even in our darkest hour, destiny always forces one person to step forward, even if he never planned to...
3:00 -- Oh my god there's more reading...
Gene 25 is blood-type dependent and holds firm after an
incubation period that varies with test subject metabolism.
The second dose must be administered within a timing accuracy
of no more than five minutes in order to maintain stability.
Otherwise irriversible destructive molecular breakdown occurs.
- 5:30 -- Yay, they're realistic about what's available for display.
- 6:15 -- WJD - World Justice Department
9:15 -- NDS - Neurological Degeneration Syndrome
- 10:15 -- Oh my god. Was.. was that a remote control?
- 11:30 -- Water rationing.
- 12:15 -- Shit equipment for something he relies on to live. Also, you'd think people would have a vein tap installed.
13:45 -- Doctor Whitacer? .. is a hottie.
- 16:00 -- 500 hours a week? So he needs 24*7=168 to just live, and presumably the rest is for maintenance.
- 18:30 -- 22 minutes for a loaf of bread, 8 hours for a bike.
- 27:45 -- "Get in if you wanna live!" -- See also Terminator
- 34:15 -- Hahaha.. she's an awesome shot.. somehow.
- 34:45 -- Or he could back up, and then go around the truck..
- 54:45 -- Is that a Jesus reference?
- 56:00 -- How are they tracking them? Did I miss that part?
57:15 -- Doesn't she need Absolon?
- 57:30 -- Called it..
- 1:03:15 -- I'm sorry, but.. you were a little too willing to strip for me. So.. maybe strip anyway?
- 1:05:45 -- You have two minutes.. two minutes of screen time.
- 1:07:15 -- Jesus holy fuck she's beautiful.
- 1:11:00 -- Does.. does she have some of the cure in her now? Hehe..
- 1:23:45 -- It's so amusing to be showing colours to a monochrome camera/monitor..
- 1:25:15 -- Where'd he get the gun from? Presumably from the guy who was being used as a human shield.
- 1:25:30 -- Unncessary F-bomb.
- 1:26:45 -- Why is he farting with the bomb? Was it already counting down? Where did all the cops go? I guess I zoned out for a bit there..
- 1:27:30 -- Why stand up and keep fiddling? Maybe move it and get to cover?
- 1:29:00 -- Casual misandry.
1:30:00 -- If he had a clip, why didn't he reload earlier? Ugh.
No one really knows what happened to Scott and Claire after he gave the world the cure. There were still many people who wanted him dead for the gift he gave us.
He gave the world a second chance. I don't know if we deserve it or not. But because of him, we have it.