An impressive office suite.
- (date unknown) - I switched to LibreOffice.
- (date unknown) - I used Open Office (no notes taken)
- (date unknown) - I used Microsoft Office (no notes taken)
- (date not recorded) - 3.0 on DOSBox (version not record)
2006-04-03 - 3.0 ∞
- I have to be in the
worksdirectory to run
works.exe, or the settings (ini/macro files) aren't used, and are saved in the non-works dir.
- Cannot understand a network drive? I exist in a dir and want to edit a file there. I make a batch file which goes to the
worksdirectory (see above problem) then executes works and points at that drive/dir.. works still looks in the
worksdirectory instead of the proper one.. I've tried pointing truenames, doublechecking the path, etc.. no luck.
- Resets the screen, so if I'm using a 50 line screen it gets reset to 24.
- left+right clicking to select a sentence should continue past "vis.," and similar text, and not stop if a character follows a period.
- With a long line which goes past the screen to the right.. pressing
has a horrible delay before screen refresh.
When exiting a shell, it re-centers the mouse.
Longer formula lengths
- Be able to restructure formulas like:
if (A=1, if_true, if_false) if_true: "this" if_false: "that"
.. and also display things in tree form!
if (A=1 if_true if_false )
Be able to convert a table of numbers into a value -> reference function.
| 0 | 5 | 1 | 6 | 2 | 7 | 3 | 8 | 4-5 | 9 | 6+ | 10
.. such that if "value" = 0, "result" = 5. If "value" = 1, "result" = 6, etc.. this is a basic switch (hash table). Hell, be able to do the opposite as well (at least to be able to undo this functionality).
Be able to copy/paste and change the x:y of a table (transpose), so that:
| 0 | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
| 0 | 2 | 4 | 1 | 3 | 5
.. or whatever.
2019-06-26 - LibreOffice Calc has some awful function in "Insert > Pivot Table"
- .. but I can't figure that out. "Pivot" is a good name for this idea, though.
- Version: 18.104.22.168 - Build ID: 1:5.2.7-1+deb9u7 on Debian 9.9
- Be able to hide "formula sheets", or individual cells, for cleanliness.
Be able to find/replace text inside another formula!
- This would allow for self-modifying formulae and other wackyness!