- 2007-04-21 - 0.9.15.1 on (distribution not recorded)
- 2007-03-04 - 0.9.9 on (distribution not recorded)
- 2005-09-13 - 0.61.1 on PCLinuxOS Sep '05
(date not recorded) - (version not recorded) on Slackware (version not recorded)
2007-04-21 - 0.9.15.1 ∞
I turned the slit off. Now how do I turn it back on? Oh, it's called the "toolbar"..
- The scroll wheel doesn't work
- The fourth/fifth mouse clicks don't work to go back/forth in Firefox. I'd bet they're not working at all.
- Has no opaque resize
Items appear way too large in the tray. There should be a maximum width for programs listed there. =/
Skype now appears in the tray!
2007-03-04 - 0.9.9 ∞
- Kmix and KGPG are displayed in Fluxbox's bottom bar, but I need to use docker for Skype. Except docker floats overtop of the bar in an unintelligent way.
- I cannot alt-right-click to change the proportions of a screen from the top-right, top-left or bottom-left. That sucks.
When I show window contents while dragging, it really bogs things down. Sad.
2005-09-13 - 0.61.1 ∞
See Fluxbox vs Blackbox[doesn't exist]. Some functionality is misplaced or missing. Things just feel clumsy with flux compared to the original.
fluxbox-generate_menu is wonderful.
Fluxbox tips and tricks ∞
You can change the hotkeys or style and then use the menu to reload or restart.
left-clickon the root to get one menu
right-clickon the root to get another menu
right-clickon a title to get a window menu
If you have windows filling the screen and you can't see the root, you can use the edge of the screen instead of the root.
middle-clickon a titlebar and drag it into the body of another window to merge the two windows. Then you can
right-clickon one of the items and drag it out to separate them later.
Fluxbox customization ∞
.fluxbox/keys for hotkeys.
Mod1 Tab :NextWindow Mod1 Shift Tab :PrevWindow Mod1 1 :Workspace 1 Mod1 2 :Workspace 2 Mod1 3 :Workspace 3 Mod1 4 :Workspace 4
Alt-Taband such don't pull up a nice listing of what's there.. it's just a harsh window change. It's terrible.
I understand there's no hotkey to send a window to a specific workspace. That really sucks. bbkeys can do this and it works with flux.
You can steal (old) blackbox bbkeys settings with convertkeys
Fluxbox styles ∞
.fluxbox/init holds a string which points to the style file.
Fluxbox v0.1.14 is compatible with the Blackbox 0.6 styles, and not 0.7 styles.