- 2007-04-21 - 0.9.15.1 on (distribution not recorded)
- 2007-03-04 - 0.9.9 on (distribution not recorded)
- 2005-09-13 - 0.61.1 on PCLinuxOS Sep '05
(date not recorded) - (version not recorded) on Slackware (version not recorded)
2007-04-21 - 0.9.15.1 ∞
I turned the slit off. Now how do I turn it back on? Oh, it's called the "toolbar"..
- The scroll wheel doesn't work
- The fourth/fifth mouse clicks don't work to go back/forth in Firefox. I'd bet they're not working at all.
- Has no opaque resize
Items appear way too large in the tray. There should be a maximum width for programs listed there. =/
Skype now appears in the tray!
2007-03-04 - 0.9.9 ∞
- Kmix and KGPG are displayed in Fluxbox's bottom bar, but I need to use docker for Skype. Except docker floats overtop of the bar in an unintelligent way.
- I cannot alt-right-click to change the proportions of a screen from the top-right, top-left or bottom-left. That sucks.
When I show window contents while dragging, it really bogs things down. Sad.
2005-09-13 - 0.61.1 ∞
I've come to the conclusion that Fluxbox is clearly inferior to Blackbox. See versus Blackbox. Some functionality is misplaced or missing. Things just feel clumsy with Fluxbox compared to the original. The only single bit of functionality I like in Fluxbox is
fluxbox-generate_menu. I'm going to look a lot harder for a replacement.
Fluxbox tips and tricks ∞
You can change the hotkeys or style and then use the menu to reload or restart.
left-clickon the root to get one menu
right-clickon the root to get another menu
right-clickon a title to get a window menu
If you have windows filling the screen and you can't see the root, you can use the edge of the screen instead of the root.
middle-clickon a titlebar and drag it into the body of another window to merge the two windows. Then you can
right-clickon one of the items and drag it out to separate them later.
Fluxbox customization ∞
.fluxbox/keys for hotkeys.
Mod1 Tab :NextWindow Mod1 Shift Tab :PrevWindow Mod1 1 :Workspace 1 Mod1 2 :Workspace 2 Mod1 3 :Workspace 3 Mod1 4 :Workspace 4
Alt-Taband such don't pull up a nice listing of what's there.. it's just a harsh window change. It's terrible.
I understand there's no hotkey to send a window to a specific workspace. That really sucks. bbkeys can do this and it works with flux.
You can steal (old) blackbox bbkeys settings with convertkeys
Fluxbox styles ∞
.fluxbox/init holds a string which points to the style file.
Fluxbox v0.1.14 is compatible with the Blackbox 0.6 styles, and not 0.7 styles.