A murderer is saved from death only to be used in an experiment to explore his ancestry.
It's an awkward combination of slowness with action. I suspect it could have been quite good, as it has the elements for it.. but the writing is shit in enough significant places that it can't recover. It has an abysmal resolution, making the whole experience regrettable.
0:30 -- Reading
For centuries, the Order of the Knights Templar
have searched for the mythical Apple of Eden.
They believe it contains not only the seeds of man's first disobedience,
but the key to free will itself.
If they find the relic and decode its secrets,
they will have the power to control all freedom of thought.
Only the brotherhood called the Assassins stand in their way...
- Actually, according to mythology, the devil tricked Eve into tricking Adam. It has nothing to do with disobedience, they were completely innocent.
- Also, this whole reasoning is bullshit.
- Andalucia - Spain - 1492
- 4:00 -- What's this music for? Totally inappropriate.
- 4:45 -- Baja California - Mexico - 1986
8:30 -- 30 years later (2016)
- October 21st 2016
- 23:15 -- That guy closed his own eyes.
29:15 -- I'm pretty sure the cure for violence would begin with legally allowing fathers.
30:00 -- 1492 - Francesco Rizzi's depiction of an Auto-da-fé.
- The movie shows a modified version of it. See Francisco rizi-auto de fe on Wikimedia commons.
- 49:30 -- Crossbowmen. Roll credits.
- 1:05:30 -- Why does his dad have an accent? Why does he look so different?
- 1:09:30 -- So how did they live from jumping off?
1:13:30 -- She should kill herself..
- Obvious plot device is obvious.
- 1:14:15 -- I'm still confused as to why they armed the dude.
- 1:16:30 -- Good thing that place has no windows.
- 1:22:45 -- Just lock them in.
- 1:27:30 -- They all have guns. Roll credits.
- 1:31:45 -- Grand Templar Hall - London - England
- 1:33:00 -- So he pulls the shiv out right there?
- 1:37:45 -- So firstly I figured he'd pacify the area and not be killable. I'd leave it up to her daughter to redeem herself. Then I wondered why there wasn't any blood when his neck was rubbed with a knife.
- 1:38:15 -- Still no blood.
- 1:38:30 -- Oh, there's some blood.
- 1:40:00 -- What the fuck happened? What's going on? Is this some sort of long-winded movie ending?
1:41:00 -- Jesus fucking christ this is awful.