In the far future, the scarcity of water prompts pirates to steal ice, but they are swept up into a rebellion.
Swashbuckling-and-blasters, this movie is cheezy without being funny. I think it has some cult following merely because there wasn't much of interest back then, and this style of movie was popular for reasons outside of quality entertainment. This is like some sort of movie version of shitposting.
Absolutely not recommended, as it doesn't tick any boxes outside of nostalgia.
0:30 -- Narration..
Long after the great interplanetary wars,
the Galaxy has gone dry.
Water has become the only thing left of value.
Evil Templars from the planet Mithra have gained
control of this life-giving resource. Their power is
now absolute except for a few rebel pirates who survive
by stealing ice from the great Templar fleets.
- 3:00 -- I don't remember this. Is that a good thing, or a bad thing?
- 3:30 -- Oh my god, young Ron Perlman looks so different.
- 10:00 -- Oh wow, bad dubbing and I'm pretty sure that's not even Perlman's voice.
- 11:45 -- The robots aren't funny.
- 22:15 -- Castration, Lobotomy
- 29:30 -- Such casual misandry.
- 39:45 -- I can't recall what ailment he suffers from.
- 47:15 -- I wonder how many people would think that's casual racism, when it's precisely the opposite.
1:08:30 -- This is boring..