An anti-robot cop investigates the death of the father of contemporary artificial intelligence-enabled robots.
A great movie through and through. Highly recommended and a welcome addition to my science fiction movie catalog.
Movie notes ∞
1:00 -- Reading:
A robot may not injure a human
being or, through inaction, allow
a human being to come to harm.
A robot must obey orders given
it by human beings except where
such orders would conflict
with the first law.
A robot must protect its own
existence as long as such
protection does not conflict
with the first or second law.
- 2:00 -- His nightmares are something akin to Posttraumatic stress disorder.
- 3:15 -- This scene is brought to you by Converse (shoe company)
- 3:30 -- This scene is brought to you by FedEx
- 3:30 -- Chicago - United States - 2035
- 6:00 -- This scene is brought to you by Converse (shoe company)
- 7:30 -- See also Men in Black - (1997 movie)
- 10:00 -- This scene is brought to you by Audi
10:15 -- This scene is brought to you by USRobotics. Well a huge component of this movie is.
- 12:00 -- Another mention.
- 18:30 -- Hansel and Gretel - (1812 fairy tale), from Germany and recorded by Brothers Grimm
- 20:00 -- Jesus
- 22:15 -- Why would robots be programmed to be able to self-repair? That's a terrible idea. For one, companies would want to maintain monopoly and otherwise remove user-repairing. Like how Apple does things.
- 22:30 -- This scene is brought to you by Audi
- 28:45 -- The robot is winking with the wrong eye.
- 34:00 -- Werewolf, Frankenstein, Dracula
- 55:15 -- Air bags would have gone off well before then.
- 1:04:00 -- Harold Lloyd
- 1:06:15 -- That was somebody's baby, but so is he.
- 1:08:15 -- Why isn't Sunny strapped down?
- 1:15:15 -- Nanites = Molecular machines
- 1:33:15 -- Or gun down the chandelier.
- 1:42:30 -- He was like an uncle to me. A rich, rich, uncle.
1:45:00 -- They should each have their networking removed.
- 0:21:27 -- Isn't it handy that bullets don't go very far or penetrate safety gl.. oh wait, they could go across the way and punch through the offices on the other side.
0:38:50 -- Ghost in the machine
Set up ∞
Entering into this menu item takes a while. It's as though the length of the wait is slightly longer than the length of the video clip.
- English dts
- English 5.1 Dolby Surround
- French Dolby Surround
Special Features ∞
Entering into this menu item takes a while. It's as though the length of the wait is significantly longer than the length of the video clip.
Director Alexis Proyas
The Making Of I, Robot ∞
Why is this making-of assuming people haven't seen it? This is a big-fat spoiler. Only the points below note anything actually useful.
- 1:55 -- Briefly talking about the short stories.
5:30 -- This is where an actual making-of begins.
- 8:15 -- Oh my god, I know Alan Tudyk from Firefly - (2002 show). I didn't even recognize his voice.
- 8:30 -- The Lord of the Rings - The Two Towers - (2002 movie)
TODO - Still Gallery ∞
Trailer: Arrested Development ∞
Arrested Development - (2003-2006 show)
Inside Look ∞
There is no menu system for any of this.
Mr. & Mrs. Smith (2005 film)
Robots (2005 film)
This is a preview of a then-unfinished movie. Spoilers.
- 1:00 -- Evinrude Outboard Motors
- 1:20 -- Casual misandry: Circumcision
4:45 -- Though it ends here, it continues with the next trailer.
Elektra (2005 film)
Not a trailer, but a thing with talking.
5:00 -- Daredevil - (2003 movie)