Inspired by the story of the forty-seven rōnin. If you don't know it, then don't look that up. I can't give a description without spoiling it. Consider yourself lucky to have a fresh mind.
This is a patient yet tense movie. I have next to no notes, because there's really nothing to write or even think about. Recommended, though not "highly recommended", as there are a lot of movies which execute this general manly-man theme extremely well. Though it's not among its number, anyone who likes the samurai genre should give this a watch.
- 10:00 -- Ayelet Zurer is gorgeous.
- 28:45 -- How recent would the word and concept of "cancer" have existed.
- 41:15 -- Oh my, he beats his wife.. that's how we know he's really bad.
- 47:30 -- One year later
- 1:09:30 -- Oh my, he killed his dog.. that's how we know he's really bad.
- 1:13:15 -- Why not kill him, and all his men, in secret over that entire year?
1:23:30 -- That guy should have sounded an alarm first..