I don't know where I heard of this music player, but I had recently bookmarked it. I took a moment to check it out.
It failed my review.
2016-03-31 - 2.2 ∞
I installed this with slpkg:
\slpkg -s sbo herrie
- Can't press enter, to enter a directory.
shift-qto quit without prompting.
- Can't press
enterto play a song.
hto get help.
Oh hell, I'm giving up.
2014-05-07 - (version not recorded) ∞
I compiled this myself.
\sudo \apt-get install \ libmodplug-dev \ libncursesw5-dev \ libalsaplayer-dev \ libasound2-dev \ libid3tag0-dev \ libmad0-dev \ libsndfile1-dev \ ` # ` ./configure \ no_scrobbler \ no_http \ no_xspf \ ` # ` \make \make install
no_scrobblerand `no_http (together) remove libcurl dependency.
- I am unable to have inline comments,
- There is no no_alsa option, so alsa really isn't optional.
no_xspfDisable XSPF (`Spiff') playlist support
- I cannot figure out how to install that dependency.
no_modplugDisable libmodplug linkage
- This seems to be broken in the program.
./src/audio_format_modplug.c:34:21: fatal error: modplug.h: No such file or directory
- Holy shit, I can't press enter to play a song?
- Holy shit, I can't press enter to change directory?
- There is no shift-q to exit without being prompted.
- I press cursor-left/right to go down/up a directory, but I can't press cursor-right to add a file. Odd.
I start with
herrie -xand then
xwill start playback. But playback doesn't work:
Sample rate or amount of channels not supported.
Maybe a dependency isn't being provided, or there's some sort of coding cruft that's preventing things from working.
At any rate, I don't like the key bindings, and the website is gone. Maybe the project has died.
Music on Console remains my current champion.
[ + ]
|1.||^||redirects from herrie.info|